Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 Doe around 4:15 real skiddish. Took of up hill naver came in. Cold wet and unhappy :( Eating my chili now and feeling better :)

·
Super Moderator
4,958 Posts
I was done around 2.
2 full sets of gear soaked through to the bone:sick:

Nice fire and a bowl of Venison chili and I'm feelin' kinda normal again but still can't shake this chill.

·
Super Moderator
6,903 Posts
just walked in and frozen to the core. saw 11 does and a 6 point. they fed in the oats for about an hour before dark.

·
Registered
70 Posts
lot's of shots this a.m. - some were back to back :confused: pretty quiet this p.m.
didn't see any - spooked some this a.m. walking in :sad:

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Big 8 came in casing a doe around 330. Missed twice dont wanna talk about it anymore:sad: Hitting the range tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Saw nothing and only heard 5 shots from sunup until 1pm on local state land this morning and same for the small private parcel I decided to move to tonight after walking in and finding that someone must have spent 1/2 a day raking a path and hanging orange tape every 3' right to both of my brush blinds I built earlier this year.

·
Registered
14 Posts
got back out to my stand today at about 2:30 after missing two bucks this morning, i was pretty upset and was feeling terrible, after sitting for about 5 minutes a doe and a nice buck came out of a corn field that was being cut. ( why it was being cut today after all that rain we had is beyond me, guess it was just meant to be) they stood there just watching the farmer in his combine about 40 yards away, i watched the buck breed the doe twice, pretty amazing stuff. i called my dad and he drove by the deer in his truck to spook them my way, they came and after watching the doe feed and the buck follow her for about half an hour he gave me a shot, i layed the smack down at 60 yds and the 3 1/2 year old 8pt was mine.

·
Banned
19,596 Posts
Went back out around 2:30, sat in the treestand, rain, sleet and a crisp 20 mph breeze, nothing moving except the treetops. Wind increased steadily gusting to about 30 and I had enough of freezing my butt off by 4:30. Relocated to my ground blind and fired up the lil buddy for the last hour. That thawed me out but still nothing moving. Only heard a couple of shots this evening. Hope this wind stops tomorrow, nothing is moving, everything hunkered down in the thick stuff.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Saw 8 tonight. A button buck, seven does and a 1.5 year old 8 point which I passed.

I didn't see anything this morning and wasn't too happy, feeling a lot better now. Even though it was pouring and windy it didn't seem to stifle deer activity this evening. Glad I was in a tent blind though, my dad got soaked this evening.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I had a great open day for firearms. I got home from work at about 0730 went to bed for about five hours, spent the rest of the day with my family and kicking back tonight.

Maybe tomorrow Ill go out, but then again if I wait until monday most of the opening day only types will be back at work.

Brett

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
LOL maybe you should have used that math in your shot calculation :yikes::yikes::yikes: :SHOCKED::SHOCKED::SHOCKED::SHOCKED:

Sorry had to go there ;)
OUCH that stings a little. I had that one coming though.:cheeky-sm

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Brown City.......missed a 3pt this morning, rained dark to dark and got colder as evening went on. Saw 3 doe at the end,soaked looking forward to Sun for sure.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hunted with my 14 year old son. (he was the hunter I was the guide):help:A total of 6.5 Hrs. in a blind saw 1 deer @ 5:00. It was a 4 point shot it @ 33 yards with a .243. First buck he was pumped!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
It rained pretty bad this morning...I wasn't bad until my feet got soaked.. once the feet get cold... and wet that was it for me. I didn't see any deer in the morning. I came in around 11:30, went out and bought some new boots. Went back out in the afternoon and it was much nicer. Saw a doe and fawn and some turkeys... thats it. At least the rain stopped.

I'm hopeful for the snow tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts