Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we saw a few birds. Most were to the north of us, but we did get a couple. There was a group of about 40 that had gotten shot at to the north about a mile and a half or so away. They were angling our way a bit so we did a little calling and flagging. And by doing so we managed to turn them our way. Everything was looking good, they started to commit, but ended up doing a fly by. Fortunately there were 5 or 6 that were trailing them about a 100 yds or so behind that committed. Infact they landed, but about 35-40 yds to our left. Dad and i raised up out of the stubble to flush them and knock a couple down before they were all out of range. Saw a few others after that and that was it. Seen most of our birds between 7 and 7:30 am....Sure got warm quickly after that!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Same with a buddy of mine and me got burnt by two groups one being a 10 or so birds looked like they were going to fly by and land but hunters just down the field started blasting away seemed like the loners didnt want a part of us but all the flocks came by to take a peak.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts