Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what everyones set will be for the opener. I am planning to be at the Gordanville lauch in Midland at 12:01am casts shad raps from shore. Probably will then head back out at down and fish from Midland to Freeland. BTW, try fishing above Dow, there have been reports of good walleye from there to Sanford Dam. Also, this will be my first river opener without the boat (its at the house in Monroe :sad:). Open to others comments and suggestions! :)

Gonna check the river conditions this afternoon and will try to report back.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

·
Registered
653 Posts
i will be at sanford dam for the opener tonight at midnight. Anyone else from here going to show up? if so when you get there after midnight just yell out WALLEYEHUNTER and i will find you and maybe we can share some tips.
Good Luck everyone and Limits to all

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
Going to be on the Tittabawassee at midnight but quite a bit south. Trolling Rapalas in the dark and then jigging at daybreak. River still looks good. Good Luck.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Ill bebelow Dow damn and if any of you out there yell Mykass Im in a war eagle boat flatbottom cant miss me Ill be the one pulling in all the fish:evil: And drinking a few Michelobs:corkysm55

·
Registered
621 Posts
FreebirdII,

I am looking forward to hear how you did. For the time being I will also be a shore fisherman and would like to hear how others are doing and where. Thanks and good luck

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hey guys just got a report the rivers on the rise and is up already about 2ft so good luck. This is at gordonville bridge not sure how down river is.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Checked out the river downstream from DOW. Most of the river is very stained to muddy with the current moving at a pretty good clip. The Gordanville launch is almost completley submerged and very wet on the low land there. The best downstream location appears to be Smith's Crossing/Bailey Bridge area IMO. If you fish there remember the "slots." Some of you already know the "slots" around that location. :D Otherwise, from there I may try Sanford. Good luck to all! :):fish:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dont bother even try it. Fished for a whole 25 mintues. The clarity was about 3 inches, flowing good, and lots of debris.

·
Registered
653 Posts
We ended up fishing for about 2 hours up at the edenville spillway and hooked what we think was 3 muskie. All three spooled us in the current. NO WALLEYE

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Checked edenville and sanford dam and was not even going to bother. IMO the best water was above Dow. Fished downstrem from DOW and above goradanville ramp and was not worth the time. The water at the goradanville ramp was rising quickly and at 12:45am was about 50 feet from the first row of truck/trailers. Also saw some trucks bout get swaped in the water as they backed down trying to launch.

This sucks with no walleye! Gonna focus now on turkey hunting.

BTW, I am heading to the Freeland area and may try to get some fishing in :rolleyes:. Will report later.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Fished there for 3 hrs this morning. Water was high, fast and foamy but one guy got his 5 eyes, good size. Saw bass, pike and another good-size eye caught. I think they were using jigheads and minnow, plastic shads, plain jigs. I tried spoons/leeches, crawlers on a harness, jigheads and lost alot of it in the snags. The rest of us were just casting and hoping not to snag up. Going back later, its a beautiful day!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I got 3 walleyes, and 5 or 6 big channell cats, in freeland area fishing from shore. 2 0f walleyes were 16 inch other was 21. using minnows

·
Registered
131 Posts
3 of us fished upstream from the gordenville launch, we ended up with 12 fish. We fished hard, but some a few fish. Some got real wet at the launch, if they did not have waders

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Well Sat.opener wasn't good to me.The water was high and fast on the Titt. hard to keep the boat slowed enough to finesse anything:confused: Moved in the evening more north towards what used to be Gordonville launch(now known as Atlantis)lol--I caught only one and my brother and Dad skunked out.Today was a much better day--the dam at secord was shutdown and water slowed and dropped some,mostly jigged/casted and tumbeled chart. jigs with worms--finished the day with 9 good keepers----biggest was 24'' approx 5lbs:D I will be out this week after this wated drops some---good luck to all!!!!!!!!:fish:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fished today at the Freeland Road bridge. Had a few bites on jigs from shore, needed stinger hooks! Cleanly broke off while fishign a firetiger jointed bomber long a and watched it float downstream. I hope someone saw it and got it! :) Gonna fish later in the week sometime when the preasure diwindles a bit.

·
Banned
752 Posts
fished on the titt fri night sat all day and sunday a few hours below dow damn and the total tally from 14 fisherman ......3 a very dissapointing number but it will get better river was fast and high goin downtown flint today ill post how i do . the fish werent biting but the beers were on fire one after another we limited out on them

·
Registered
10 Posts
fished from gamms boat launch sat, managed a three man limit , but was a lot of work keeping grass and crud off the baits, we trolled mostly hot-n-tots and walleye divers.seemed to run small this year ,most fish 15 to 17 inches. sure were good eatin though.:corkysm55

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Went into gamms on saturday to get some jig heads for fuzzy grubs and cruly tails and asked "Hows fishin?" and promptly got "I dont't know". Thats the last I will ever go in there!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts