Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
I often have same problem, everyone wants to go fishing until the time comes to fish. Taking dad out fishing for 75 birthday tomorrow with my 2 boys. Hopefully we can get on them

That's the fisherman's tale! If I had a nickle for every person who says they wants to fish during the winter and then...NEVER fish! LOL

Marty

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sounds like a common problem. We have 2 of us but it really takes 3+ to run an officiant boat when trolling. Especially when running big boards. I agree everyone is in until its time to show up at my house in the morning and I don’t leave until 7. Always an excuse!!! I can go to a party until 2 am and still be ready to fish on a ****** day

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
I told my wife,I'm going to have to get an auto pilot,or more friends.
More friends will catch fish 100 times more then auto pilot..just a friendly tip..I told my captain I’m gonna smash that autopilot bro…I hate going alone 2 and now a days I won’t..docking and the A holes now a days u need a crew for a 21’ vessel..U should really head out with us sometime just name a weekend….like we say””we going anyway u don’t got to bring a thing”

·
Registered
321 Posts
If I wouldn’t have drank today, I’d be all over it. Had two first timers from work I invited to fish the river and both bailed. Now the plan is a tubing trip down the Huron. But seriously hit me up with a PM any Friday or Saturday you’re heading out there and have a spot. I’ll buy beer, bait, or whatever. I’m a vet of jigging the river, but never trolled Erie. Would love to do it, especially if it’s earlier in the day and I can get back and hit lakes by me later

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
If I wouldn’t have drank today, I’d be all over it. Had two first timers from work I invited to fish the river and both bailed. Now the plan is a tubing trip down the Huron. But seriously hit me up with a PM any Friday or Saturday you’re heading out there and have a spot. I’ll buy beer, bait, or whatever. I’m a vet of jigging the river, but never trolled Erie. Would love to do it, especially if it’s earlier in the day and I can get back and hit lakes by me later
make sure u have your bass rod ..some excellent fishing going on there now..tube fishing bass is a blast.

·
Registered
440 Posts
My wife tells me most people don’t get as excited about fishing as I do. So they don’t think much of bailing. I still don’t understand what that’s all about. Like someone else said I can be up all night partying or whatever and Im ready to go for morning hell I’ll even put off mornings and go afternoon, I just want to fish. My new terrova makes fish with minimal crew doable. I just really enjoy having the people on the boat seeing them catching the fish. Anymore I don’t reel in too many fish. I let dad and the boys do most of that

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
More friends will catch fish 100 times more then auto pilot..just a friendly tip..I told my captain I’m gonna smash that autopilot bro…I hate going alone 2 and now a days I won’t..docking and the A holes now a days u need a crew for a 21’ vessel..U should really head out with us sometime just name a weekend….like we say””we going anyway u don’t got to bring a thing”
Weekend I have no problems,its during the week I have trouble getting bodies.Its tough with just two of us running big boards.Good luck out there this weekend,might go Sun if weather permits.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts