Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
12,907 Posts
I see it in myself. No real limitations, but way too labor intensive to go solo. Most of the guys I fish with know the routine. Back the boat up just enough to submerge the motor, I fire it up and make sure we have a clean idle, 15 seconds later float the boat. Mate parks the rig and jumps in the boat. Fast and efficient, no dock lines needed. A pain in the ass by yourself!
Yeah it's not debilitating or anything just another man is it worth it things

HE was explaining the process of launching by himself last night and I'm like yup you have a point

Kinda luck **** hunting alone got for me, haul, gun, bag a decoys, spinners, blindbag through brush and muck, setup, take down....

Love it while your there but is it really worth it... Some days

·
Registered
622 Posts
Looking for an open seat this weekend. Took vacation days to get on the water this weekend and next weekend off but i'm not done re-wiring either of the boats i have. (ran behind) so I've been shore fishing with minimal luck on Detroit River. Looking for a seat on DR or Erie, I have equipment needed to help with jigging,trolling,handling, whipping, bottom bouncing if needed. Plenty of cranks to share as well for wire or trolling. Tight lines everyone

·
Registered
16 Posts
What's the open seat thread about? I am a boatless angler with the fishing gear and experience fishing for walleye. I've tried shore fishing on the Detroit River but with a lot of luck getting snagged up. I like fishing Lake Erie and have fished it before with a boat. I would like to get out there and catch some Walleye soon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Does anyone have an open seat for the week of May 15 (Sunday, Tuesday, or Thursday) ? Willing to Cover Bait and Gas. I have fishing gear and a MI fishing license.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Boatless angler here but always looking to get out on LSC or the DR for Walleye or Smallies. Pretty flexible on days. Can usually go during the week with enough notice. Hell, I might even toss you some of my fish! Just love getting out there and catching fish. I'll obviously cover any costs you may need help with as well.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts