Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I have my thumb out for the week. Anywhere from Port Sanilac to Bolles I'm game. Took this week off to fish but I've got a motor issue I can't figure out. Taking it in tomorrow morning then I'll be tooling around doing maintenance on my work equipment all week and kicking rocks around the driveway feeling sorry for myself. Jusy have to do a quote Wednesday at noon and take kids to dentist Friday morning free thr rest of the time. I've got everything needed for everything from salmon trolling to jigging except a working boat.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
I have my thumb out for the week. Anywhere from Port Sanilac to Bolles I'm game. Took this week off to fish but I've got a motor issue I can't figure out. Taking it in tomorrow morning then I'll be tooling around doing maintenance on my work equipment all week and kicking rocks around the driveway feeling sorry for myself. Jusy have to do a quote Wednesday at noon and take kids to dentist Friday morning free thr rest of the time. I've got everything needed for everything from salmon trolling to jigging except a working boat.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Sending you a pm

·
Registered
45 Posts
As the weather warms back up this week I’m hoping to catch a ride/meet someone trying to get on the water, I have my own equipment and am free anytime, just looking to spend some time on the water with someone other than myself. Tight lines!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Have an open seat this afternoon if your available!

·
Registered
12,907 Posts
Please use this! Many of us old bastards have boats and time, but are reluctant to go solo.

Might even meet some new friends!
So ironic I just see this... Just got off phone with my uncle, retired a few years ago has the boat all the equipment, started having some hip issues and really likes having someone's with

How's the fishing uncle Rand

I'm really itching get back out but no one can ever go....

Feel bad for him worked forever at GM finally should be enjoying what he worked for and than the conundrum...

Sounds like a familiar problem

Reactions: Shoeman

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
My Grandson got out of the Army last November (2020). Came home pretty messed up in the head. Tried to take his own life after 4 of his brothers took their lives. I got him back into hunting and fishing and seems to be working for him.
Would like for him to experience fishing the D at least once. And I would like to experience it also.
So , we are looking for someone to take us one day next week , if anyone would be so kind , we would greatly appreciate it.
I have gas money and would bring whatever else you think I would need.
Thank you so much for reading this and also for your consideration.
Bob Brooks 989-235-3723

·
Super Moderator
22,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So ironic I just see this... Just got off phone with my uncle, retired a few years ago has the boat all the equipment, started having some hip issues and really likes having someone's with

How's the fishing uncle Rand

I'm really itching get back out but no one can ever go....

Feel bad for him worked forever at GM finally should be enjoying what he worked for and than the conundrum...

Sounds like a familiar problem
I see it in myself. No real limitations, but way too labor intensive to go solo. Most of the guys I fish with know the routine. Back the boat up just enough to submerge the motor, I fire it up and make sure we have a clean idle, 15 seconds later float the boat. Mate parks the rig and jumps in the boat. Fast and efficient, no dock lines needed. A pain in the ass by yourself!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts