Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that i am getting back into fishing, i fish 1 sometimes 2 days a week, usually Friday and or Saturday,Sometimes Sunday too. most of my friends are either to busy or work goofy shifts, so i end up fishing alone, i am a very experienced boater, with almost 30 years of tournament Bass fishing, running all kinds of big water, Erie, St Clair, Saginaw Bay and Huron and Lk Mi.

I run a 17 1/2' Ranger with a 115 Merc, it handles big water great.
But, if there are 3' to 4' waves i wont be on the lake for long, Being 60 years old i know when to call it a day.

It is set up with 4 riggers and i can run 2 copper lines, it is set up nice for 2 people.

Anyway, fishing alone most of the time isn't much fun, I need some fishing partners.

If your interested in going sometime send me a PM.

I do have 1 rule on my boat. NO booze or drugs.

I am from the Kalamazoo area.

Kevin

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I would find it amazing if you don't get a response. For anyone who doesn't own a boat or have regular opportunities to go on one on a daily basis, I would imagine that they'd take up your offer in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Do you consider beer as booze?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you consider beer as booze?
I sure do, big water is no place for a drunk.
Actually water period, is no place for drinking, that is why there are so many boating accidents.
if there is a problem, i want someone with a clear head, and can think fast.
Bars are for drinking, boats are for fishing.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I drink light beer, and very rarely do I get drunk. Does that still count?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would find it amazing if you don't get a response. For anyone who doesn't own a boat or have regular opportunities to go on one on a daily basis, I would imagine that they'd take up your offer in a heartbeat.
I hope that i get some serious replies, considering i have all the rods and most the tackle needed, and i usually let the passenger land 80+% of the fish while i run the boat and net them. kick in a few bucks toward gas and it is a pretty cheap trip.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How far north do you run? I'm up near Grand Haven and would be interested if you get north at all.
I usually fish out of ST Joe or South Haven, SH most of the time.
if i am going to make a long drive ?, odds are i will go to Saginaw Bay for Walleyes.
But you could always meet me at the launch in SH sometime.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the interest guys, i have talked to some nice people, but i still have room on my list for more new friends.

Kevin

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi my name is Chris I am looking for a person who needs a fishing buddy I love to salmon fish use to always go with my uncle but he never asks me anymore

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am from Durand, MI and will be on the west side of the state near South Haven from 8-11 through 8-17. I don't have the money to charter a boat but would love to put some fish in the fridge for my family. I have been on many big boats before but only drive a 25' pontoon on a regular basis. If anyone needs an extra fishing hand during these dates I would be thankful.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What day works for you? I will be staying a little north of South Haven but am willing to drive. I have my salmon stamp and of course food and water but would I need anything else? My e-mail is [email protected]
Banderson
I think you misunderstood that message ?, strikezone is saying he would like to go with me sometime.
if i see to where we could get out i will let you know, but right now they are saying 4 to 6 footers Fri and maybe Sat.

Kevin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up. I did see the surf report for the weekend and it looks like some nice size waves. I have been surfing South Haven since 1992. I am familiar with boat & beach forecasts but I am new to this forum.

Thanks again,
Banderson

1 - 15 of 15 Posts