Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was my understanding and in the digest it doesn't state that open carry is not allowed. Upon speaking to a receptionist from the DNR today she told me that open carry isn't allowed. I feel as if she was reading from the digest where it states open carry isn't allowed. I will have to speak with an actual CO or hoping one of them on here see this and provide input.

·
Registered
40,729 Posts
That was my understanding and in the digest it doesn't state that open carry is not allowed. Upon speaking to a receptionist from the DNR today she told me that open carry isn't allowed. I feel as if she was reading from the digest where it states open carry isn't allowed. I will have to speak with an actual CO or hoping one of them on here see this and provide input.
The digest is only a guide. Read page 4. Refer to compiled laws. If it’s not specially shown it’s not illegal.

Reactions: RS1983

·
Premium Member
18,899 Posts
I talked to a co a couple years ago, he said he would write a ticket for open carry.
What matters is the law, your intent and how a judge interprets that law. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts