Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the OOZ on monday on the river at 8:00 am hit a few holes dropping back some plugs and dropping spawn but no takers decided to start trolling, good choice, went about 100 yds SMACK!! first full colored male hit the jeff gordon tot nice fish about 10#, went about another 100 yds and the black/gold red bill tot bent over, another nicely colored male about 7# to the net,after a couple more bends the black/gold took another whack, male about 8#,(another darkie) went through a gravel run and the black gold smacked again, this time a nice silver hen came to the net,still at anchor after releasing the hen set the tot back in and before I could set it in the rod holder SMACK :SHOCKED: THE THING ABOUT TORE IT OUT OF MY HANDS!! landed another nice hen not so sure if it wasn't the very same one we had just released,it had a fresh hook mark right where the the other fish was hooked and clipped fin and all kind of amazing that fish would rehit just minutes after it was released maybe it thought it had a score to settle with the tot :lol: either way it went back also, shortly after we had another hit but it came off and that was it for the day we were off the river at about 2:30. That was some nice medicine after the holiday blitz. hope to get some pics next time forgot the camera this time. Plan on being out again on friday, by the way we released all 5 or 4 (whichever it was) fish. see ya all later Larry

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
Thanks for the report Larry. How about some photos of your handsome mug and the fish!!!!

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Way to go!! Black and gold with lipstick and Jeff Gordons have been doing great all fall and winter. Snap on a green and gold willy and a k13 kwikfish grinch and all the bases are covered!!!!! Out the door for a few days on the big river myself with friends. Good reports from all the rivers with this warm up, except maybe the Joe. Sure beats last year. Riverman

·
Super Moderator
10,562 Posts
Nice Larry! Hoping to get out somewhere this week myself.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Nice job Larry....

I am going to try and negotiate a day off on Friday which will give me a 4 day weekend.

Needless to say... what I will be doing all 4 days :confused: :lol:

Well... better make that 3 1/2 days... our family Christmas is on New Year's Day this year!! ;)

Oh... and by the way Larry (this coming from an egg wh*re).... why'd you throw the hens back? :yikes: :D j/k

·
Registered
110 Posts
thats so fuuny if stinger didn't spell it out for me, I would have spent some time looking in an atlas for this cool sounding river. Thanks for getting my back stinger. anybody been to the dam lately. Im heading their now, look for a post.

·
Banned
10,217 Posts
A buddy of mine launched there the other day(weds) and he said the water was up, but dirty. he said he had a couple spawn bites but no hook ups. I doubt if he fished near the dam though. good luck, I wish I had more info. The oozamalak can be real fickle in the winter months.

·
Banned
9,792 Posts
Spanky said:
A buddy of mine launched there the other day(weds) and he said the water was up, but dirty. he said he had a couple spawn bites but no hook ups. I doubt if he fished near the dam though. good luck, I wish I had more info. The oozamalak can be real fickle in the winter months.
Well my home river the st clair has been ficklish all fall and winter so far.As for the spelling of the river mentioned in this post I had to study it for a couple of minutes before I figured it out.A challenge indeed for stimulating the mind.I enjoyed it.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts