Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
Thanks for the updates! What size jigs 1/4 oz. Color?
1/4 oz and most of mine were caught with a white head and white tail as well as chartreuse jigs. Went through some leeches as recommended so we never tried any minnows as is the usual.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Heading to Errington's Wilderness on Wabatongushi next week, taking my 3 sons. I've been there 6 times and love it. Great cabins, nice lodge, awesome family owners. Fishing last trip was really good with eater walleyes, jumbo perch hitting jigs and rapalas. Caught many pike with one 40". The lake is in the Chapleau game preserve, so lots of wildlife.

Only bummer is the train isnt running-used to take it out of Hawk Junction right to the lake. Will be flying in on Hawk Air.

Hope the boys enjoy it! Highly recommend Errington's for a great trip!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Glad to see you had a good trip! Love Esnagi Lake!

Also fwiw, Esnagami is a different camp based out of Nakina. The lodge does day trips down the outflowing Esnagami River, very good brook trout fishing.

I fished Rock lake for brook trout a day when I was at Esnagi, but it was the last week of July and didn't even get a sniff. Early in the season it's killer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Heading to Errington's Wilderness on Wabatongushi next week, taking my 3 sons. I've been there 6 times and love it. Great cabins, nice lodge, awesome family owners. Fishing last trip was really good with eater walleyes, jumbo perch hitting jigs and rapalas. Caught many pike with one 40". The lake is in the Chapleau game preserve, so lots of wildlife.

Only bummer is the train isnt running-used to take it out of Hawk Junction right to the lake. Will be flying in on Hawk Air.

Hope the boys enjoy it! Highly recommend Errington's for a great trip!

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
Glad to see you had a good trip! Love Esnagi Lake!

Also fwiw, Esnagami is a different camp based out of Nakina. The lodge does day trips down the outflowing Esnagami River, very good brook trout fishing.

I fished Rock lake for brook trout a day when I was at Esnagi, but it was the last week of July and didn't even get a sniff. Early in the season it's killer.
We also spent a few hours on Rock lake but just as you, nothing to show for it. We had heard it had been producing but that it had slowed the past couple weeks. Was still fun getting back to it, nice easy portage. There is also another portage in the back end of the bay that Esnagi lodge is in. We didn't try it will be worth exploring on our next trip.

We really love esnagi but are always kicking around other trip ideas just to shake things up. Thanks to you we have an easy access library of great reviews.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hubbhunter- your lodge is like kinda in the middle of the lake? Mar Mac is on the North and Lodge 88 on the south...

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
Hubbhunter- your lodge is like kinda in the middle of the lake? Mar Mac is on the North and Lodge 88 on the south...
Yep, right in the middle. Mar Mac has an outpost on the north end but their main lodge is on the south end. Lodge 88 is at the very south end.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts