Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
taken from Just Ducky's post. only thing different i did was i went a little heavy on the franks hot sauce. I also spread the pre-mix on each layer of duck (what u see in the pic) and put as many breasts in there as i could fit...so about 12-14 breasts + or - a few. House is starting to smell real good.

Duck BBQ

Celery – 4 ribs
Onion – 1 cup chopped
Green Pepper – 1/2 cup chopped
Butter/margarine – 1/3 cup
Ketchup – ½ cup
Brown sugar – ¼ cup
Worcestershire sauce – 3 tablespoons
Chili powder – 1 ½ teaspoons
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
Hot pepper sauce (Frank's or similar) – 1/8 teaspoon
BBQ sauce – 1 cup of your favorite kind
Hamburger buns or rolls
Cole slaw (optional)
Duck breasts (5 large ducks or 10-12 small or medium ducks) MAKES 10-12 SANDWICHES WORTH…MORE IF COLE SLAW IS USED.

Directions:
Put butter on bottom of crock pot. Cover bottom with celery, onion & green pepper. Lay duck on veggies. In separate bowl, mix ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire, chili powder, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Spread this mixture evenly over top of duck breasts. Cook in crock pot 8 - 9 hours on low, or 5 - 6 hours on high (when duck easily flakes apart with a fork, it's done). Right in the crock, shred the duck with a fork, then mix with all contents of the pot, add the BBQ sauce, heat through, and serve on the buns (with Cole Slaw if desired).

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
mmmmm.....I can smell it from here SK. The additional Frank's is good...I like mine hot. I even added some jalepeno's to one batch this year. It's all good.

I've had the day from hell here...honeydo's all over the place that have been piling up since hunting season started. And everything I touched today went to ****!!!! Thank god it's just about over. What time is dinner? :evilsmile

·
Registered
11,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mmmmm.....I can smell it from here SK. The additional Frank's is good...I like mine hot. I even added some jalepeno's to one batch this year. It's all good.

I've had the day from hell here...honeydo's all over the place that have been piling up since hunting season started. And everything I touched today went to ****!!!! Thank god it's just about over. What time is dinner? :evilsmile
8pm! even bought extra buns.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
KID
Man I can taste it now! The batch we had in NODAK had some sholvers in it and it was GREAT! Tomorrow I'll try to make a batch up with some divers! Tom and I are going to go lay out hunting then come back and butcher Tommy Jr's first buck! I wonder if that recipe will work with venison.

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
...buck! I wonder if that recipe will work with venison.
Yup Mike, sure does. I've even used it on a really cheap piece of beef. May have to adjust the time a bit...just stick a fork in it now and then to test.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Damn that looks good!!
Have you guys ever frozen any and reheated it? I would like to make a big batch but I know I won't be able to eat it all in a few days.

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Damn that looks good!!
Have you guys ever frozen any and reheated it? I would like to make a big batch but I know I won't be able to eat it all in a few days.
Yep, got a big ziplock of it in the freezer right now. But unless someone does a DNA sample, it's beef :evilsmile

OOOPS! Did I say that out loud?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts