Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Close last night, had 5 hens and 1 Tom together. The Tom hung up in the woods at about 40 yards with brush in front of him. He slowly walked away to his hens , not presenting a shot. This morning we only had 1 lone Tom hammering in the back side of the woods. He hit the ground still gobbling headed our way, then nothing. Everything went quiet, no birds seen today.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Very slow morning, didn’t hear a single gobble for a long time. Finally got what sounded like a group of jakes to respond, followed shortly by some toms. They sounded interested but just couldn’t convince them to come anywhere near me. Had to leave a little early because I had to pick my son up from school. Maybe I’ll try tomorrow AM, we will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
I had the second season for unit K again this year (30th-6th). Had the whole week off so I was feeling pretty optimistic. We don’t get crap for cell service up there so I didn’t have a chance to report after my hunts.

Unfortunately it rained 6 out of 7 days that week so there wasn’t a whole lot of gobbling. My main property always has birds roosting across the road, and they were there again this year but they just wouldn’t respond. I did find a group of birds on public land and got them to respond a couple times. But they were henned up every time I tried to set up on them.

I ended up hunting all 7 days of my season and really only had 1 decent morning of gobbles. It was pretty quiet the rest of the week. Never ended up taking a shot but it was still a good spring trip. Opened the cabin, prepped 5 trees for deer season, found a shed antler in a scrape, and 300 morels! Unfortunately I also found 2 dead 8pts.

Hopefully you guys have better luck (and weather) than I did!

Food Recipe Ingredient Wood Gas

Plant Wood Natural material Fawn Terrestrial animal

Plant Tree Natural landscape Grass Groundcover

Food Ingredient Recipe Tableware Cuisine

·
proud to be a.......
9,032 Posts
Sorry I haven’t checked in lately guys. To many issues going on lately and I haven’t been able to get out like I normally do. I went Thursday and Friday mornings for about 4 hrs. in those mornings and never heard one gobble or seen a turkey. It sure is getting green now in the spot I’ve been hunting.
Plant Sky Tree Natural landscape Grass

I’m planning to get out Monday and then commitments for the rest of the season so; it might be the last time. Congrats to Ryan for a nice bird this year and a fine turkey for the family this year for Thanksgiving, instead of a sheep head! Maybe with one week to go we will surge ahead but, as we all know…
Handwriting Organism Cartoon Font Happy

It’s always been a pleasure being on this team and maybe next year we will all have that wild turkey for family and friends to share on Thanksgiving.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts