Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,513 Posts
I was able to call one in for dad, ended up having two Tom’s come through just out of range and behind some brush. One hung around for about 20 minutes before he finally offered dad a shot. 10-1/8” beard and 1-1/8” spurs. First Tom off of my property. Out again now for the afternoon after the big Tom. We will see if he shows up.

View attachment 829508

Congrats to your Pops Trevor!

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Had a pretty eventful morning but had to leave to go pick my son up from school.

After hearing gobbling in back of me this morning, everything went silent. I was later able to call in a group of 3 toms and about 5-6 jakes. They came within range, but were to my right and wasn’t able to swing my gun over to get a shot. I tried to get them to angle the other way, but no luck. There were way too many eyes to pull anything crazy as I didn’t want to get busted. I thought for sure they were gonna circle around and give me a chance, but they didn’t.

Saw one tom later and a hen. Then had to leave. I underdressed and needed to warm up anyway. Then got my turkey vest fixed. That’s my highlight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
proud to be a.......
9,032 Posts
I was out this morning for a few hours. Kind of a misty, yucky and quiet morning. Not one gobble and other birds were quiet also, except for two noisy cranes that flew over. Not much on the cams either but, got a laugh at this little bucky that put on a show for this one cam.
Eye Plant Sky Tire Working animal

·
proud to be a.......
9,032 Posts
I made it out this morning but, only one lone hen around 7 am and a nice jake about 8 am. No gobbles at all! Then I checked the cams. I missed the party yesterday on my B-Day!
Bird Plant Phasianidae Beak Galliformes

Doctors appt.'s next week but, I'll try to sneak in a turkey and walleye trip or two with the warm weather coming in!

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Went out this morning. Another VERY close call. 1 Tom came in this morning right away, but he knew something wasn’t right. My only guess is the tree I was sitting against ended up being in the spotlight due to the sun. Maybe I stuck out? Half hour later, had 3 toms come in the same spot but just wouldn’t offer a shot. Close, but too many branches to feel comfortable.

I work the next 8 days but I’ll be back to the woods after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 100 Posts