Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I enjoy reading how one thing leads to another for many links to the final end. Now going backwards to fill in the potential tickets could keep an officer busy.

CO Reports 03/12/07 - 03/25/07
DISTRICT 7
CO Glenn Gutierrez and PCO Brian Engelhard were checking a steelhead angler on the Rifle River when they observed a dump site on state land along the river. The litter included a metal drum, household debris, and an old deer carcass. On the carcass was a kill tag. The officers tracked down the owner of the kill tag to a local farm where they learned that the tag had been given to another hunter last fall. After tracking down the hunter, they learned that he had given the deer to a local needy family. When the needy family was located, they learned that someone had been hired to clean up and dispose of garbage. The person hired to dispose of the garbage and debris was then tracked down, interviewed, and ticketed for litter.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Interesting:tdo12: :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
I always read the DNR reports and it gives a pretty good perspective of the idiocy they have to deal with on a daily basis.

The thing that struck me as odd with this story was that the "needy family" that ultimately recieved the deer in this instance, was able to hire, as in pay, someone to remove debris and trash from their property.

If things are that tight I don't think hiring out manual labor would be high on my list. Makes the story fishy at best but I'm not sure the littering ticket is any better or worse than a Tag Sharing violation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts