Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

261 - 280 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
5,775 Posts
I ended up buying a tikka tx3 hunter in .30-06. I should have it this weekend. Now to hunt down a scope and some ammo.
Best caliber for your intended purposes. Nice rifle. Buy any kind of scope you would like, but just be sure it has a Gold ring on it.

·
Registered
7,600 Posts
Best caliber for your intended purposes. Nice rifle. Buy any kind of scope you would like, but just be sure it has a Gold ring on it.
Can't go wrong there.

A couple years back, mine was "off" sent it back to the company, diagnosed as floating, had it repaired and returned free of charge.

·
Registered
5,775 Posts
Can't go wrong there.

A couple years back, mine was "off" sent it back to the company, diagnosed as floating, had it repaired and returned free of charge.
TRUE DAT........ Over the past 50 years, I have mounted a bunch of different Leupold scopes on different rifles and only had one which needed to be sent back to the factory. It was repaired promptly and sent back in perfect condition. Leupold has the best CS in the optics world.

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
A Browning Stainless Stalker in .30-06 with a Leupold Vari-X III.

I was all “wood and carving and fancy bluing” until you said it had to endure any environment. So you get the Browning.
This is my exact rifle, its been all over North America in all conditions and elevations. Performed flawlessly and rust is no issue.
It helps they make it in Left hand also.

·
Registered
9,878 Posts
Years ago I made the trek to Tulsa for the sole reason of bringing a couple of these girls home. Two were being sold at auction. Mission was accomplished, one 30.06, one 270. The one pictured is not mine, just a pic of what they look like.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
That Sauer is a very nice rifle. I got my son got a Tikka 300 WSM for grad school graduation. He and grand daughter both shot CO elk w/ it and several MI deer now. He shot a tree limb this past season instead of the buck.

Lots of great rifles out there these days, well maybe not exactly today.

·
Registered
52 Posts
TRUE DAT........ Over the past 50 years, I have mounted a bunch of different Leupold scopes on different rifles and only had one which needed to be sent back to the factory. It was repaired promptly and sent back in perfect condition. Leupold has the best CS in the optics world.
I have to agree with you on Leupold...I have owned a lot of different scopes in my lifetime, and I always come back to the Gold Ring...Plus, it's made in the USA...

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Long time Leupold fan here, but their changes in the last couple of years have turned that around. Thankfully I now have more scopes than rifles to put them on, but that's a different story.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
I have a leupold on my 22 mag that is an excellent scope. I'd like something mid market $400-600 range. Leupold is there, and so are a few others. Any other scope recommendations?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a leupold on my 22 mag that is an excellent scope. I'd like something mid market $400-600 range. Leupold is there, and so are a few others. Any other scope recommendations?
While I have tried to always buy American made products, I have to admit that Vortex has performed exceptionally well considering the price. You can easily get one for well under $600...

·
Registered
9,878 Posts
I am becoming more and more impressed with TRACT scopes.

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
Congrats @d_rek ! Nice rifle. I have a Tikka T3 (predecessor to T3x) and it is a tack driver. It amazes me every time I take it to the range. The rifle is very well built, with a smooth, solid and accurate action. It will last a very long time.

Regarding scopes, I have an entry level priced Zeiss on my Tikka, that would fit your price range. Unfortunately, Zeiss doesn't seem to be offering a product at that price point these days. I like Zeiss glass, and recommend stretching the budget if you can. If not, Nikon gets the job done.

261 - 280 of 302 Posts