Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which ones doe guys recommend and why?

I want one mainly for lake St Clair so I can be mobile on foot. I already have a 2 man Otter Ice Cabin that I pull with a quad.

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
I'm trying to wiggle my way into a Clam legend xl extreme ,
Nice and wide , large fishing area and 60#
Let us know what you get !

Sent from my SM-T500 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
My top 3 pics #1 frabil, quality tough as nails, decent room.knot bad on weight. #2 Shappel fx series. Lightest,on overall weight,and de wallet as well.great shack. #3 Eskimo inferno wide. The Cadillac of em.most room' awsome features.heavyweight of the field doe.also priciest overall. If I was strictly walking I'd go with 1 or 2;)

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Those cheaper frabill (aegus) 2 man are great. They are light enough to handle yourself, and the extra space you get when you remove a seat is nice to have.
I think 78lbs, if you dont get the heavy insulation.
Still a 2 man though.

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm trying to wiggle my way into a Clam legend xl extreme ,
Nice and wide , large fishing area and 60#
Let us know what you get !

Sent from my SM-T500 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
So I pulled the trigger on this one. Mainly because I had a couple Cabelas gift cards that I wanted to use for this purchase. It was the nicest of the one man flips that they sell. Ships in 5 days.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Just got a Shappell FX 100i this year. Does everything I need a one man to do.
I have the 2016 fx200, does the new fx100 vent at your feet by the tub? If so, it really sucks on cold and/or windy days. Especially if there’s no snow.

I have a ten year old Rover, that shanty was awesome.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
I have the 2016 fx200, does the new fx100 vent at your feet by the tub? If so, it really sucks on cold and/or windy days. Especially if there’s no snow.

Same as the 200. Every once in a while its a pain in the butt, but mostly works fine for me.

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not into taking any advise (OP) about the Lions, maybe he will with the Excellent reviews of the Rover, nope guess he went with a clam.
You may want to check the history of me in the Lions threads before you label me. You’re obviously new over there.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
You may want to check the history of me in the Lions threads before you label me. You’re obviously new over there.
No need to check your stats or profile. Didnt Label you or anyone. Oops my bad I did sorry, unless you are not a Lions fan? Far from new to the Roar of the Lions. All good. Let us know how that clam works for ya!

·
Registered
4,828 Posts

I've made couple easy adjustments on my ole 1mans. Velcro and spread out some window weights,or the 12oz long duck decoy weight help prevent updrafts;) prior to that I had to put my feet on it, was pain in azz.and reely sped up a bad case of shanty back lol

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
I've made couple easy adjustments on my ole 1mans. Velcro and spread out some window weights,or the 12oz long duck decoy weight help prevent updrafts;) prior to that I had to put my feet on it, was pain in azz.and reely sped up a bad case of shanty back lol
Sounds exactly what I did to my Shappelle Rover

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

Reactions: jumbojake
1 - 20 of 26 Posts