Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Point mouillee, got my limit by 8:00. Lots of shooting going on. Took a ride down Roberts rd counted fifty one car and truck

Attachments

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I love how people were shooting 20 mins before shooting time today! lol!! I'm sure some people had their limits by 7:09 with no dnr in sight this year!!! good job on the ducks.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea all it takes is for one yahoo to shoot and it seem like almost everyone else think it's time. My dad started me duck hunting when I was nine (back then their was no age limit on small game) it didn't matter if it was opening day, or the last day of duck hunting we never shot before shooting time, and that stuck with me.

·
Registered
144 Posts
22 min before shooting time we were covered in mallards, 20 min before shooting time they were gone... Way to go! We did shoot a 2 man limit by 8:15, woulda liked a few more mallards, but I'll take a few teal.
ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1444842069.636923.jpg

·
Registered
35 Posts
I love how people were shooting 20 mins before shooting time today! lol!! I'm sure some people had their limits by 7:09 with no dnr in sight this year!!! good job on the ducks.
Dnr officer was in the office at morning draw. Now weather or not he was patrolling mouillee thats a different story. I was in brancheau unit and did not see any dnr officers.

·
Registered
122 Posts
On Sunday of opening weekend there was a CO on the dike at mouille checking shell counts for those going into the long pond unit me and my buddies were all legal can't say the same for the guy he checked right after us. And then on Monday coming out of the marsh at Harsens we were checked by the CO both experiences were positive. The CO was also in the office at Mouillee on Tuesday Morning, Glad to see them out and about.

·
Registered
18,144 Posts
Opening day in the north zone no one shot until 4 minutes after hours. We were freaking out and looking up the guide to make sure we had the right time. We got burned one year with ducks in the decoys and other people shooting, as we just assumed +12 minutes as that's where we always hunt, only to realize it was +6 where we were at.

We got 11 in the youth hunt Saturday afternoon. Everyone around us seemed to play well. Guys from 7 said their neighbors were shooting at everything, but it didn't affect us.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts