Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Rob, I am very encouraged at the pups progress. Right now I would say an honest 14 inch dog.
All of the pups did quite well using there nose. I took a small pc of hotdog, rigged it on a fishing rod (fly rod of course) and made a nice trail with a small slice for them to find. Those dogs figured out how to track a hotdog pretty fast. I now have to get them out of site and am making more complex patterens for them but all of them have there noses on the ground.
They are about half housebroken, use to a collar and I am just starting lead work. They all know there name and will come when called. I am keeping one, Betty but would also like to keep Willma, she may run 13 inches but I suspect she may the be sleeper in the lot. Pheobe has filled out and right now is the fasted and seem to have the best nose in the snow, at least she likes hot dog slices that is for sure.
It is one of those things, I hate to see them go before I really know what they are capable of but can not afford to feed and care for that many dogs.
Sounds like you are having another great year !!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Dave, Where ya been???Went hunting last Monday with some guys from our club. Didn't hear from you or Jim but still managed to run a few rabbits with these guys.Of course we had to have breakfast at the Livestock Exchange first:D Sure was cold & windy. One of the rabbits was real bad with worms. Talked to Larry & he said he bought a pup off ya.Called in 4 coyotes a few weeks ago , but no shots fired.:confused: Have you been huntin g at all?Good luck! See ya!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts