Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Im confessing to be a bit lazy on this one, because im tying up bags, but gotta get some float beads and use em for the first time.

I am tying big bags (almost quarter size) for big lake fishing. How many beads do you think it would take to float that bad boy?

How many does it take to float your typical dime size bag?
Thanks in advance. Surfs up!

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
The solution is simple. Tie up a bag w/beads and see if it floats with a hook. If it floats you have your answer.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
I never really count floaters Ken, I just wing it. Probably 10 in my bigger bags and 4-5 in my smaller ones...keep in mind there are numerous types and sizes of floaters (I'm referencing the smaller sized ones).

Tight Lines :fish:

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
... that you can never have too many floaters. I want to make sure that my offering is off the bottom. And on a day that it is pretty rough... keeping that leader line a little more tighter with a few more floaters can be the difference in tangling up more than not!! IMHO!

Although... on a calmer day... a neutral bouyancy type bag can also be killer!!

The bottom line is... experiment... and see what works for you!!

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Hey Ken,

Looks like mother nature is literally rolling out the welcome mat for your arrival on the beach!

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
REG said:
Hey Ken,

Looks like mother nature is literally rolling out the welcome mat for your arrival on the beach!

Yeah, I hope you got a new surfboard and wetsuit along w/ those rodholders :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts