Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any word on the suckers in Omer? Cancelled my trip last weekend due to the wheather and was going to try it this weekend. Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I was up there on 3-31-07 and caught about 15 before the weather changed. Just wondering how it is now after the cold snap?

·
Registered
791 Posts
was up right in Omer, fishing is slooow. Was there for about haf hour and didnt catch a sucker nore did i see someone catching a sucker.There should be some moving back throw if this warmer weather stays.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Very slow fishing. This weather has really messed things up. I fished last night and didn't catch a fish in about two hours of fishing! I also checked several creeks and didn't see any fish in the feeder creeks to the rifle. I suspect the fish that were around Omer have moved up, and no fresh runs have occured since the weather change. Watching the news yesterday, they said that the next warm up is around April 20th. Don't waist your time as of right now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You maybe on to something? The weather report for this weekend does not look very encouraging. May have to wait another week. If this keeps up, my wife will start finding things around the house to keep me occupied.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
What are the current river conditions in Omer ?
Have the suckers started to do anything in the last couple of days ?
Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
121 Posts
just got back from that way. hung out for about half an hour and seen a kid catch one. other than that not much action. waters high,currents strong. wait till next weekend. i hit the ausable and east branch same conditions. if the rain stays away and if finishs thawing, next weekend will be great.

·
Registered
158 Posts
osoma yo mama said:
just got back from that way. hung out for about half an hour and seen a kid catch one. other than that not much action. waters high,currents strong. wait till next weekend. i hit the ausable and east branch same conditions. if the rain stays away and if finishs thawing, next weekend will be great.
:yeahthat:
just drove by also water looked muddy and high.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts