Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Cabela's the other day and they had a whole display of old style (metal lipped) Hot-n-Tots. I talked with a guy there that said the company was purchased back by the previous owner (Dave Storm I think) and He is making Hot-n-Tots the way he used to again. Great colors too.

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
I think it was all just a ruse. They had a bunch of old stock they wanted to clear out and decided that the rumor of them not being made anymore would clear them out in a hurry. Then they made a few with plastic lips and started shipping them into stores to get you guys worried. :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
I mostly fish steelhead / salmon. The December / January issue of Salmon, Trout, Steelheader had an little snippet in the back that Storm was re-introducing some of the old Wiggle Wart designs to the Northwest. Article stated they were pulling out the old dies for use due to the demand in the Northwest.

I was in a sporting goods store in the Kalamazoo area and I saw some of the Wiggle Warts and also some of the Hot'n'Tots. They are in the same old package but now underneath they say "Classic Series" or something like that. Didn't see the colors I was looking for but I'm pretty sure they were the old style with the metal lip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts