Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I'll be spending 3 weeks there this year. Hopeful the weather holes out and I can get all the charters in. Have one Sunday and only 4 weekdays still open. I'll be there starting July 30. Hopefully get the rest of the days filled up. Who else going over this year.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Lake Ontario has been on my bucket list for a long time. I think in the next year I'm going to try it. With my research, it looks like Olcott has some great fishing! There are also some areas further east I'd like to try as well. My biggest issue (for me) is that I've never trailered my boat any great distance, especially on the highway. I know that some of you are laughing at me right now, that's ok!!! LOL!

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Lake Ontario has been on my bucket list for a long time. I think in the next year I'm going to try it. With my research, it looks like Olcott has some great fishing! There are also some areas further east I'd like to try as well. My biggest issue (for me) is that I've never trailered my boat any great distance, especially on the highway. I know that some of you are laughing at me right now, that's ok!!! LOL!
Any port you choose you will catch fish over there, no need to go further east unless your main target is browns. The kings are all over and the steel are like sheepshead there. No difference in trailering 30 miles or 300 just make sure bearing are good and you have a good spare. Be prepared once you take one trip you’ll be hooked and never wanna fish silver in Michigan again.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Any port you choose you will catch fish over there, no need to go further east unless your main target is browns. The kings are all over and the steel are like sheepshead there. No difference in trailering 30 miles or 300 just make sure bearing are good and you have a good spare. Be prepared once you take one trip you’ll be hooked and never wanna fish silver in Michigan again.
Kings would be my main focus, as they are my favorite gamefish!!! Now you got me thinking gatorman841!!!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Reactions: gatorman841

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Those Kings are what dreams are made of! Fantastic, and thanks for sharing those pics!
Notice there is never a boat in the back ground , talk about relaxing fun fishing. If you ever think about doing a trip your welcome to follow us out or meet there , usually get a couple/few boats going most trips. It can help sometimes having couple boats out searching there is so much water was intimidating at first.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts