Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
81 - 100 of 153 Posts

Premium Member
Another quiet day? Got the wife (aka) Julie out. Set out the decoys and hit the slate. She got excited when a hen strolled in until I told her hens weren't shootable. She says, "if I can't shoot it why did you call it in?" this might be harder than I thought.
This hen strutted her fan around the feeder decoy. Don't remember seeing that before. Usually the females attack each other .....both scenarios just like our gals though......lol.
Plant Tree Natural landscape Land lot Grass

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

Premium Member
Another quiet day? Got the wife (aka) Julie out. Set out the decoys and hit the slate. She got excited when a hen strolled in until I told her hens weren't shootable. She says, "if I can't shoot it why did you call it in?" 馃槒 this might be harder than I thought.
Love it, this post made our day. Thanks.馃槀 Good luck to Julie.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Another quiet day? Got the wife (aka) Julie out. Set out the decoys and hit the slate. She got excited when a hen strolled in until I told her hens weren't shootable. She says, "if I can't shoot it why did you call it in?" 馃槒 this might be harder than I thought.

Thats Great! Lol :LOL:
Good Luck to you guys!

Registered
Thats a great bird Bob!

I had to bail on my Indiana trip so I decided to mix things up and got a ZF tag which allowed me to hunt public land near my house. Went out with my wife this weekend and got completely busted by 4 toms that came in silent. Also called in a group of jakes but Taylor decided to let them go, even though one was a super jake - gobbling and strutting like crazy. Definitely a unique challenge hunting public land and a lot of fun learning someplace new.

Good luck guys!

Registered
I've been out a few times with my wife. Birds have been unusually quiet this year. Maybe this weekend will change that!

Registered
She passed on a quick moving bird in the swamp first thing and was rewarded an hour later at our second stop with a strutter in the decoys! First time I鈥檝e called a bird across a river, was a beautiful morning! Now it鈥檚 my turn. Back to the swamp in the AM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
She passed on a quick moving bird in the swamp first thing and was rewarded an hour later at our second stop with a strutter in the decoys! First time I鈥檝e called a bird across a river, was a beautiful morning! Now it鈥檚 my turn. Back to the swamp in the AM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome

81 - 100 of 153 Posts