9,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sprytle- Capt.
Jackbob42
Dubllung4
gobblergetter
Feather Mucker
old graybeard

So here is the official thread guys. Everyone has checked in but FM, but we know how he is...LOL. Ill send him a PM tonight to "remind" him. If he doesnt respond or decides not to play we have time to get a quality replacement. Im sure he will join us again! Just hope all his land doesnt get flooded out this year!

I just pasted the roster from last years thread so if anyone one else wants to be El Capetian have at it, otherwise Ill take it again.

Feeling pretty good about how things are going to go this year!(y)
Getting closer guys so post up and lets start Talkin Turkey!!
Bob

·
Premium Member
9,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That bird would be a DEAD RINGER!

Sorry...just thought of that.... amused myself! :LOL:

Anyways they were all fired up behind the house again this morn! Even had a nice dusting of snow...

·
Premium Member
9,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Ill be out in the morning! Gonna warm up pretty quickly. Hopefully the turkeys are sick of this cold weather too and will be vocal and active!
Im not waiting till the end of the season again! 1st good bird in my sights gets it.

GOOD LUCK ALL!

·
Premium Member
9,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Been on a group that has 5 nice longbeards in it since daybreak. I had 2 jakes close with a big one angling in from mid field. Just didnt come close enough. I started belly crawling thru some thick stuff closest to the main group. I was really going at it back and forth with the lead hen and thought i could turn her my way. Then they all started heading west. Too far away when they went by. There was 4 hens that came out down aways on the other end of the field. Thats where they are all at now struttin. Im still watchin em hoping they will turn back this way and come down the edge. I set one hen deke out before light but it is so wet it fell over early.

Good Luck All

·
Premium Member
9,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Great bird Dave! NOW what are you going to do with your time??? :LOL:
Is that the one you called over from the neighbors hayfield?

Awesome Bud.....Way to start things out!

·
Premium Member
9,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Ok....sorry OGB...I know you will be living the rest of the season thru our stories...lol.

This morning got on that same group of birds i hunted yesterday. Light gobbling off the roost but when it was time they all sailed down together. Again right to the middle of the field.
There are a couple of plump pigs in the group with some serious ropeage! They made quick work of heading to the opposite treeline to head west. Long story short again i watched them down at that end sat till 11 with nothing else going on.
Got out here this afternoon at 430. There was 5 birds out west but heading my way so i crawled up to a brush pile and 2 nice toms one being one of the big ones. Its rainy and blowing pretty good. They head thru an opening on the opposite treeline so i wait till they disappear and set up my tent just inside the woods. They will come back thru that opening sometime soon i hope and I sit here waiting for them!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts