Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

81 - 100 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Really sorry to hear that Bob. I am in Plainwell and have an AmeriStep hub style pop-up you are welcome to borrow for the remainder of the season if you would like.

Glad to see you are getting back out there, now go shoot a big one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #83 (Edited)
Thanks man! I really just used the blind for bowhunting. Right now I'm leaning up against the base of an oak with the supermag. Ill be fine. Thanks again i appreciate it.

·
Registered
18,772 Posts
Thanks Dave
And so it continues …
Im up at 5 and cant wait to hunt this morn because that's what I need. Sneak out to my spot before 6. Blind is gone, bucket with a couple dekes gone and my cabelas shootin stick gone. Im sure that guy either waited till I was gone or came back after dark and took my stuff. So disgusted I pick a tree and sit down and start to wait for light. Just have on a black hoodie & black facemask on cause I was going to be in MY BLIND. There are a couple of gobbles to the west but the more I sit there the more pissed I get. By 7 I just get up and leave. The desire to hunt this morning is gone. F'in thieves!! Just don't understand it! I used to have another blind but gave that away a while back to someone who needed it. Well...now someone else decided they need my other stuff too. At home now fuming. Might get back out mid morn somewhere else but at this point Im not very motivated. Just f'in sucks. I might just go back to those woods to see if he was stupid enough to set it up somewhere else. After that encounter last night I should have known... good luck guys...
That really sucks! I hate thieves and I would bet it was the same guy. If I found it setup somewhere I would camp out in it and wait for him. I would be glad to lend you a blind Bob if you want one just let me know. Get back on the horse it'll feel good to squeeze the trigger.

·
Premium Member
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Went out Sunday morning. No gobbles heard. I did srike up a conversation with a hen though and got her coming. Was hoping a silent tom would be following but turned out to be just 3 hens. Got them fairly close and the one hen had a 7-8 in beard. Longest beard Ive ever seen on a hen. That was it for action that morning. Good Luck All!

·
Registered
18,772 Posts
Anybody having any luck? I'm seeing birds daily just not getting the right one to come in. I've had hens and Jake's in my lap. Good luck if your out there!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Haven't pulled the trigger yet. I've had some good opportunities but really I am having too much fun to end the season. I've got my mind set on one bird at this time anyway. Gobblin was a little slow this morning after fly down. I think these hens will start setting really soon and the action for the mature birds is going to get really good.

·
Premium Member
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Yep. Should be getting good as gobblergetter said too. I'll stick with it, you know that. Still pissed about my stuff but moving onward!!:) Would really like to hear the story about your bird Dave. Cmon ...got one today just isn't gonna cut it! Im going to a new spot before work in the morn. Mostly as a recon mission but will be dressed for success. Gonna be some cold mornings coming up, some say that will really get them gobbling, some say it will shut em up and they will lay low. What do you guys think? In my past experience I have found the colder weather gets them going, we will see. Everyday an Adventure!! Good thing we got an extension this year that's for sure! Good Luck All. Talk to you tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
So far this weekend. Fri morn before work, a few gobbles but no birds seen. Saturday morn till 1:00 at a spot where Ive killed a few nice birds in the past but 1st time there this year, Nothing. Had a work buddy call me up and invite me to his farm. GOOD! This is it. 3:00 till close, 1 hen seen. Went back this morn at 5:45. A couple way distant gobbles from the tree then nothing. Saw 1 hen about 9. Light rain most of the morning. Going to call it here soon and eat something (not turkey) and head back out. Now it is just a coin flip to where.
I know its hunting but haven't had a season like this in a looong time. Good Luck All.

81 - 100 of 194 Posts