Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Smells like, Victory!
27,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 on order and they just informed me that they won’t be seeing them till April. Anybody seen one of these yet? I am starting to think they have problems and am getting cold feet. :(

·
Registered
489 Posts
Last time I spoke with an Okuma rep about them(February 17th), I was told they were still in production and none have been received from the factory, let alone shipped. They told me then that their best guess at an eta was late march or early april. Which seems to still be on track based on your recent info.

The rumors about production problems and R&D problems are just that, rumors. There is no substance to them at all. There arent many of these reels floating around out there, and the few that are out there, are samples, not final products. It would surprise me if there are many people on these boards that have ever seen a catalina firsthand, let alone fished with one.

Okuma makes a very high quality reel, they do their homework, they have a very solid design, they listen to the fisherman using their products and make changes to provide their customers with what they want. There is no reason to be concerned at all. The only cause for alarm would be the fact that you might be ready to hit the water before you have the reels.

The only negative press I have seen the catalina receive has been of the "I know a guy who has a friend whose dad used to work with a guy who knows a charter captain that fishes 300 days a year and has been fishing for 87 years and he says they are junk", variety.

If there is anyone on this board that has actually fished with them, it would be great if you could speak up and let us all know what you thought.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts