Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently I came across a couple lowrance models that im looking at (older/used) Lowrance x67c and a Lowrance M68C/S , the price is right my question is what are they worth now days in good condition? and these seem rare to find. Thanks for the feedback this is my first time buying a flasher fish finder not looking to break the bank but I also want to make sure I'm not getting raked over the coals.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
If you are looking for a true flasher. I would not recommend a digital LCD unit.
Using a LCD unit you are depending on the unit to interpret and convert the signal. Different processing. It is not a true flasher per say.
Vexlar and Marcum are one of a few actual flasher units made. To me there is a big difference between a real flasher and even the new LCD units. I used to run Lowrance flashers back in the day.
Depends on what you are looking for. As with any used product. You might be fine. Or you might get one that can not be fixed. As most older units are out dated just like any puter/phone.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
If you get the Lowrance M68C/S you will have more options then just flasher. I got mine 18 years ago and have used Vexlar and Marcum, they are good units to. But I will use my m68c until it dies. Only one draw back for me. I get interference When some of the other high watt units are to close or in my shanty. You can sill use it, it just has black lines coming through once in awhile. Other then that, Its been one hell of a unit. Read up on it on the net. If you can find one for a good deal, go for it. Say 100 or less.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I have an older x67c and a few newer models that I decided to leave on my boat and snowmobile. I love my x67c and will use it until it dies. I never use flasher mode only the graph. If the unit you are looking at is in good condition and works good I would pay 150 for it without blinking an eye. If you are not going to buy it I would be interested in it as a backup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts