Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 feilds right next to each other that i can hunt. 1 is cut wheat and 1 is beans with corn on the other side. Ok so i wene out to scout the other day and saw 11 flock and 1 gave a little call and they flew over the feild to see what it was then went right across the street into a bean feild. so what i am asking is will it even be worth it or do u think the will just go the the feild they are useing and if it is worth it should i throw a lay out blind in thewheat feild or stand in corn with decoys in beans.

thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
If it was me and I didn't see them ever feeding in the wheat field but they were in the beans then I'd set up in the bean field. I'd probably do a layout in the bean field. The geese I've seen generally won't land too close to standing corn. I think they're afraid of being ambushed by something or someone hiding in standing corn. They prefer low crops where they have a good view around them. Of coarse opinions differ but that's my experience.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Why dont you set up in the bean field and ill set up in the wheat field, then you will know for sure next time?:lol: But seriously, I have had situations like that before and have always set up where the birds want to be. Remember , you still have 16 days till the slaughter begins. Just keep watching. I bet the birds will make the decision for you by the opener. Good luck and happy wackin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.