Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen this buck on the camera for the last 2 years. Over 100 photos of him from my august card. I went back up and I've him now with hard horns. He was a 7 last year too. Anyone have any guess on what something like this would score? How about age?

·
Registered
11,449 Posts
At least 2.5. Possible 3.5, as he is large in body.

As for score, I'd say he'd gross between 105-115.

A fine buck and a shooter in my book!

Good luck this year!

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
I was guessing around 100". Ive got an 8 around the same size that scored about 110. Nice older deer though! Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
Do you see many bucks close to your area with alot of mass or is this typical of a 2.5 + buck near you? (IMO) This would come into play in deciding ihis future if your get the chance. He's a great looking buck now but if a year would fill up those horns with mass,,, wow what a trophy! Sure makes hunting season exciting when you get pics like this.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
100 give or take 5. 2 1/2 also.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have photo's of him last year and I think he had more mass on the 3 pt side (left). I think he's older than the 2.5. The one on the left side really shoot back. I have some photos from earlier this year where it looks like that antler was rubbing on his shoulders.

·
Premium Member
5,394 Posts
god i wanna say 2.5 but if ure sure you have him on camera from last year and year before, id say 3.5..need to see other pics..Score id give it round 100

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'm going to say 3.5 and 105 "ish"....Either way very nice!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll have to look back through last years. I think I have over 1000 photos from last year and no real organization to them. I have a real close-up of his face from when he was still in velvet and he just seems to have a much larger head and shoulders than the others in the area. I'd be really happy to have a deer that broke the 100 mark with my bow (or gun for that matter.)

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
I'll have to look back through last years. I think I have over 1000 photos from last year and no real organization to them. I have a real close-up of his face from when he was still in velvet and he just seems to have a much larger head and shoulders than the others in the area. I'd be really happy to have a deer that broke the 100 mark with my bow (or gun for that matter.)
That deer is a 3 or 4 year old deer...

Spread: 16
Mass: 32
Beams: 38
G1's: 11
G2's: 12
G3: 4

Total Gross: 113"
Nets are for fish.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Nice rack, but you can see that the body still looks pretty streamlined, I would say he is 2.5.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts