Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1601 - 1620 of 1643 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Great job John! 😀 You're killing me! 😆 Had my work cut out for me so to speak with this poor little girl. Still a virgin @ 48lbs soaking wet! Literally.. 😆 But I bet the 20lbs of boneless meat will be tender as hell for the family eating it. 😀 Good thing it was small with the warm temps on Saturday, but I think I could have got 2 in the cooler. I didn't have much to work with on one side....hahaha...
View attachment 790710
View attachment 790707
I hope the front end of your vehicle is ok- lol

·
Premium Member
30,394 Posts
I hope the front end of your vehicle is ok- lol
That was shot by a member on here and brought to me to cut up...them expandable sure do some damage but needed a kill shot still. Got him 20lbs of boneless meat. 😀 12lbs of veal burger and 8lbs stks n chops.
Handwriting Font Rectangle Gas Number
Shelf Automotive design Rectangle Chair Gas

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
That was shot by a member on here and brought to me to cut up...them expandable sure do some damage but needed a kill shot still. Got him 20lbs of boneless meat. 😀 12lbs of veal burger and 8lbs stks n chops.
View attachment 790859 View attachment 790860
Good deal Ralph, I’m a smart;”#s sometimes.
The last buck I bow killed with an expandable did not go far. I’m 72 now and haven’t bow hunted for three years. I have 100% from the VA so I take advantage of the Independence hunt with my rifle

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
I am up in the Traverse City area on vacation with the wife. We watched the coast guard flying low following a boat. They were out there awhile while we were having some wine at Mari Vineyard. Were they practicing or did any of you regulars here of anything happening.
Water Sikorsky s-64 skycrane Aircraft Sky Helicopter

Sent from my SM-N975U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
T
I am up in the Traverse City area on vacation with the wife. We watched the coast guard flying low following a boat. They were out there awhile while we were having some wine at Mari Vineyard. Were they practicing or did any of you regulars here of anything happening. View attachment 790972

Sent from my SM-N975U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
They’re practicing, they run drills with that hardtop out there all the time. It’s pretty awesome to watch! Always good to know those folks are around!!

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
My buddy was out this morning from Yuba. 100’ of water, 70’ down. Jigging. Voracious fat females. Heavy fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s like the ones we got, they seem to be getting even bigger. 4lbers I didn’t measure any but most looked to be over 20”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
30,394 Posts
Heading up in morning for my first time. Been wanting to fish them the last couple years. Got the jigging and trolling gear ready. Grill is on stand by. Winds look great.
Good luck Mark! If you don't have any luck get with me when you get back. Got few things for you since you've dropped me stuff! 😀

·
Registered
2 Posts
Went out Sunday, Monday, and this morning in front of Yuba. Did a 5 mile track North. Picked up 5 Sunday, 8 Monday, and 15 Cisco today, 70-100 feet down, 260-300 FOW. Chrome/green dot 8" flasher with white/pink dot spin n glo. 2.4mph speed. When the clouds blew in today the bite stopped for us.

Picked almost every one up going north all days, jigged one up as I was putting the rods away today and we moved over a school. Orange/chrome 2oz swedish pimple.

1601 - 1620 of 1643 Posts