Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

301 - 320 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
If fuel prices continue to rise under the Biden/Harris Administration....I suspect folks will be dumping their rigs. If ya have one to sell....it might be a good time to sell and get top dollar for it. Once the fuel prices skyrocket....it's too late.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
John if you have the time go down south and find a used truck. Get out of this rust belt we live in. I HATE rust. Ive been shopping for a used enclosed trailer and prices seem to be much more fair out of state also. Not sure if that will transfer to trucks.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Thanks for the tips guys. My boat weighs in at around 4500 lbs, so it’s a half ton truck minimum, I’d rather have a 3/4 ton but they are way too expensive. Rust on everything I’ve looked at has been horrible. I’m headed south today, cadalac south till I find what I’m looking for. I havnt had a vehicle payment in 15 years & the size of some of these payments really shocked me. I’m looking for that low mileage older semi beater with low miles & low rust. Lol

·
Registered
511 Posts
Weather looks good for Saturday morning. Bringing my wife with me for a "date morning" on East Bay. Jigging is the game plan. Going to give her a beefier rod and hope she gets into a decent sized laker. Just over a 2 hour drive for us so hopefully we catch something.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
John....I've been looking for trucks "down south" in Florida for a while. Overall, the trucks might be slightly cheaper but they definitely are not rust buckets like many/most used Michigan trucks. Here's an idea to ponder. Allegiant Airlines starts flying out of TVC to Sanford, FL nonstop starting May 28th. They have one seat left on that flt for $50. As a military bubba, you don't pay bag fees or carry-on fees. Their flts are always cheap. You (and mama?) could take a one way flt down there and find a truck of your choice and then drive it back up here. Central Florida is a huge market for non-rusted out vehicles.

The other option is to bite the bullet and get a real cheap Michigan truck in decent mechanical shape and consider it disposable.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
I fly Allegiant to Sanford a lot to visit my
Mom. Great direct flight that is cheap and their rental car deals are the best around. Free bags is a good savings too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I never flew down there on Allegiant but that is good info on the rental car deal. I already have the Ranger parked in the garage there....I'd just need a rental to get from Sanford to South Daytona.

Fishing news......I hope someone was out today. I seen one boat dragging the hole on WB. Seen a couple more on EB. I stopped at the Acme Township office and got my 2021 parking pass for Yuba. The lady said the ramp may have been put in yesterday?? I guess a contractor may be doing it? She also will resubmit the idea for an "L" dock at Yuba so boats can be loaded/unloaded faster. She'll also push the idea to install a sign that says something to the effect of NO OVERNIGHT MOORING on the dock. Last year, there was a large boat tied up to the north side of the dock with folks sleeping on it. No one could utilize the north side of the dock....which further slows down the loading/unloading process on the south side of the dock. That is a pain if the launch line is long and folks are waiting to launch. Hopefully one day the ramp will become a two-lane ramp.

I went by Clinch Park and spoke to the Harbor Master guy. The 2021 stickers have not arrived yet. Maybe OOA April 20th. For now...use the old ones. His office ph # is 922-4906 if you want to check on the stickers.

I also got my fishing/hunting licenses this morning....I'm just about locked-n-loaded to hit it and get it.

Today's fishing reports anyone????

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Well, I secured a tow vehicle. ‘09 dodge with a little over a hundred thousand on it for 11 G’s. It’s got the hemi & it’s my first long box. towes the boat real good. Little rusty on the rear wheel wells but I know a guy that can fix that. Hauled the boat over to Bear lake & backed her down the ramp for a test run & it did well. I’m putting my riggers on now then rigging rods & im set! Tomorrow doesn’t look so hot, maybe Friday! Anybody been to yuba? Docks in??
C04E0A88-D7A2-4ACE-859E-4C575EAC990B.jpeg
FCBAB090-CE3C-45B4-B9B5-243E71B2FF12.jpeg

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
That sucks the dock isn’t in!! Looks like tomorrow’s wind isn’t gonna be any good. Hopin for Saturday now! Geez!!

·
Registered
17,757 Posts

Good to hear that Hemi tows ok. Haven't put anything heavy behind my 2010 yet.

Watch the oil level on them. Mine burns a quart about every 3000 miles and will throw a check engine light.

301 - 320 of 350 Posts