Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

261 - 280 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Cool deal on the fish. Those look like mangos (snapper). Nice sheepies too!

I also lather up on the spf100 on the neck, nose, face and ears. Trying to hold off the skin cancer as long as I can. I do got a good farmers tan going. Chicks will dig ya.....

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Cool deal on the fish. Those look like mangos (snapper). Nice sheepies too!

I also lather up on the spf100 on the neck, nose, face and ears. Trying to hold off the skin cancer as long as I can. I do got a good farmers tan going. Chicks will dig ya.....
[/QUOTE
Ya I have no clue, our captain was calling them Black Snapper, we did catch 1 or 2 mangrove snapper I think. He did kinda freak out that the size of a few of the black snapper where much larger than normal for “inshore fish.” He seemed to think this catch was much above the average for this time of year. If we could have kept red snapper I would be
beyond impressed but that is the states fault not the Captains.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Well for some reson, they have pulled the dock on Center Road. I'm guessing to dredge.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Seems like there should be a dredging schedule somewhere.
I read this and immediately called my buddy that works for PRD. He said they never put the dock in at Center Rd, just Bowers. My guess is some good samaritan pushed it in. He did say that the dredging will take place soon, but didn't have an exact date.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Just got word that Center Rd is good to go. They moved 60 yards + or - of sand and are going back next week to get what settled.
Good news!

Also all of the DNR docks are in on the bays and the bathrooms are all open. I started work yesterday so if you guys see me out don't be shy! I look forward to seeing my usuals this year

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
The Acme township folks are pretty good about doing things if ya ask them. Their office is right behind the Independent Bank at M-72 and 31. If someone stops by the office, they might take a request to install the dock.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Gonna be a dandy day out there!! I was gonna hit yuba today in the little boat but I think I’ll spend the day finishing up the big boat. Long range forecast is looking above freezing at night, docks are in at center rd. It’s time. Good luck to all yee fishing out there today!

261 - 280 of 350 Posts