Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
So it’s not lookin like the bays are gonna freeze. Saginaw bay is too iffy for me right now, so heck with it! I’m gonna start working on my soft water stuff! Fired off a big order to amazon, time to plan a trip to Franks for wire dipsey rods then to Northwoods for a couple more rod holders & a bunch of other stuff I really don’t need. I have a graph to mount & some odds & ends to do to the big boat & this year I’m bringing out the 14 footer so I can catch that early bite & maybe a brown or two! A little early I know, but I’m ready!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Man, I see 5 nights in a row of single digits and low winds, and the ground hog says 6 more weeks of winter. It is too soon to tell if the bays freeze or not, but I admire your ambition.

On another note, I just ordered a butt load of FishUSA gear (rod holders and wire diver rigs). Should be here on Saturday. Once I get that tied up, I’ll be ready for whatever comes weather-wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Man, I see 5 nights in a row of single digits and low winds, and the ground hog says 6 more weeks of winter. It is too soon to tell if the bays freeze or not, but I admire your ambition.

On another note, I just ordered a butt load of FishUSA gear (rod holders and wire diver rigs). Should be here on Saturday. Once I get that tied up, I’ll be ready for whatever comes weather-wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would love to hit the bays thru the ice again! Fingers crossed for sure! I’m just gettin board over here!! I don’t usually turn the heat up in the barn till March first but I’m chomping at the bit!

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Anyone know when or how we find out what kind of fish plant numbers we’re getting this year?? I sure hope they’re done with the steelhead reproduction study so we can get some steel rolling in the bays again! Some browns would be dandy too!!!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Looks like between 3 Dogs and Hine, they are keeping the economy going single handedly! LOL! I'm just looking at graphs right now, but nothing really new that I need for the boat.

Reactions: John Hine

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anyone know when or how we find out what kind of fish plant numbers we’re getting this year?? I sure hope they’re done with the steelhead reproduction study so we can get some steel rolling in the bays again! Some browns would be dandy too!!!
There will be no steelhead planting in the spring because they did not collect any eggs last year because of Covid. They will be planting approximately 34,000 Skamania steelhead.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have a question for everyone. I currently have a 9.9 Mercury 4-cycle on my 14ft, deep V. I’m going to put something bigger on, up to 25 hp. What would you use?

1 - 20 of 350 Posts