Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1001 - 1020 of 1102 Posts

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
You can launch from bowers harbor, clinch park, elmwood, hilltop road, suttons bay, or northport. Those are all the launches on west bay.
FWIW....along the lines of boat ramps......I was at the Haserot Park ramp (OMP east side) this afternoon doing some recon. I could put my 16' in there but wouldn't do it without 4WD.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Any reports from this morning? I was too tired at 0415, wussed out and went back to bed.
I should of gotten out there but I went to bed thinking it might be a little bumpy but when I woke up it was definitely nice enough to be out fishing. I should just wake up every morning expecting to go now the weather for next week looks like WIND. I am heading back south for a week be back up August 8 to get after the salmon. Good luck to anyone that gets out this week. Be safe and slam 'em!

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
If the salmon were in solid....that would be a good motivator. I'd a hit a geezer vitamin, a diet Pepsi and sucked it up and went.

I notice we have a bit of rain coming in throughout the week. Hopefully that will bring more fish into the bays.

The weather dude says Tuesday will be ok in between storm fronts...especially the morning. The wind will be out if the north in the morning and shift to the E to SSE for the afternoon. Which leads to.............

Don't forget to vote on Tuesday...gotta throw them rascals out!!(y)

·
Premium Member
5,823 Posts
We did make it out Saturday morning. Launched just south of Sutton bay. Wasted a ton of time trolling without marking or getting hit. Final picked up a few fish right in Suttons bay. 2/2 on lakjer 1/2 on silver. Lost one right at the net. Not sure what it was.

Sure fishes different then what we are used to in Muskegon and Ludington. Lol.

Food Vertebrate Seafood Fish Fin

·
Registered
281 Posts
Getting the boat ready to start fishing the east bay and a couple trips to Frankfort..thanks to everyone for their reports..i put new flags on my planer boards makes them easier to see and for others to see them. I get made fun of them by other fisherman for it especially in Frankfort..sometimes it is hard to see them in rougher water and see other boats boards .
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Road surface Wood Bumper

·
Registered
967 Posts
Getting the boat ready to start fishing the east bay and a couple trips to Frankfort..thanks to everyone for their reports..i put new flags on my planer boards makes them easier to see and for others to see them. I get made fun of them by other fisherman for it especially in Frankfort..sometimes it is hard to see them in rougher water and see other boats boards . View attachment 845698
Great idea!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I marked a lot of fish by the hole on front of the boardman today. Do you think the salmon could be there already? Surface temperature was 63.
I'm up for the week but was thinking it was too early 🤷🏼‍♂️
Yes. There's been salmon caught on west bay all this week.

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
Yesterday I went thru the hole twice. First time was in the dark and it was undisturbed....nada. Coming back in a second time....nada. I picked up some small singles but no solid groups I could comfortably say were salmon. I'm not an expert, but when I see big bodied marks mixed with some smaller ones like this in the hole....I'll go with salmon....at least on my fish finder.

Rectangle Purple Font Display device Electronic device

These should be ciscos. Mostly streaks with few bodies.

Purple Rectangle Font Sky Art

I'm not sure what these were but there was a lot of them. Maybe a mix?

Water Automotive lighting Automotive tire Rectangle Font

1001 - 1020 of 1102 Posts