Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
381 - 400 of 445 Posts

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
I am stumped! I guess I’m gonna pull lines and go burn some gas see if I can find some school somewhere. It’s one thing not to catch them but not to Markham it’s just crazy. Tried Lead from two colors down to nine colors Downrigger’s all over the place just the one little trout show for it. If I score any marks that mean anything I’ll post up the spot. Time to go to Frankfurt I guess

·
Registered
6,634 Posts
I am stumped! I guess I’m gonna pull lines and go burn some gas see if I can find some school somewhere. It’s one thing not to catch them but not to Markham it’s just crazy. Tried Lead from two colors down to nine colors Downrigger’s all over the place just the one little trout show for it. If I score any marks that mean anything I’ll post up the spot. Time to go to Frankfurt I guess

A sad day in Who-ville if Big John isn't getting them.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Is it too soon to poke fun? OK. I’ll hold off, let it settle. Let the wound heal a little bit…but then, oh man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Go shallow for cisco, those who are catching them are casting at them. Water still very cold
That was my guess nick, I ran 30-50’ with boards in as far as 20’ & I saw nil. Lots of guys jigging on the point but I talked to 2 of them with nothin. I was the shallow boat today, i work these waypoints early morning, usually easy money. Agree cold water isn’t helping
Water resources Map Ecoregion World Organism

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I snuck out this morning as well, man weather forecast was way off. I used wunderground weather channel and Windfinder and all said 10-15 Southerly and it was dead calm. Anyhow, conditions were awesome but Johnny you weren’t alone in the not catching category. We got two cisco in 45’ or so. Lots of boats out and no one catching. Best water was south of deep water point as it’s much warmer upto 45 deg vs 36-37 north of DWP

·
Registered
574 Posts
Me and the wife fished west bay earlier. Launched around 11 went and hit 120 fow, marked a fish on bottom so I stopped, tossed jig out, and Bam! Laker right away! Little guy but fun nonetheless. Water temps ranged from 50 in shallow to 36.5 over deep water. Went over and fished by the island but the bugs were bad, so we headed back over to the west side and found a pod of fish in 125 fow. I finish with 4 Lakers and wife got 1. No signs of Cisco in the areas we were looking also. There were also dozens of dead alewives on the surface in the scum lines off both banks on west bay.
Water Shorts Sky Boat Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Me and the wife fished west bay earlier. Launched around 11 went and hit 120 fow, marked a fish on bottom so I stopped, tossed jig out, and Bam! Laker right away! Little guy but fun nonetheless. Water temps ranged from 50 in shallow to 36.5 over deep water. Went over and fished by the island but the bugs were bad, so we headed back over to the west side and found a pod of fish in 125 fow. I finish with 4 Lakers and wife got 1. No signs of Cisco in the areas we were looking also. There were also dozens of dead alewives on the surface in the scum lines off both banks on west bay. View attachment 831795
Nice job & good report! I forgot to mention I saw 3 different dieing alewives also. They were swimming in circles on the surface, 3-4” long. There was a loon cleaning em up. I’m hearing lots of reports of this this year, wonder what gives?

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Me and the wife fished west bay earlier. Launched around 11 went and hit 120 fow, marked a fish on bottom so I stopped, tossed jig out, and Bam! Laker right away! Little guy but fun nonetheless. Water temps ranged from 50 in shallow to 36.5 over deep water. Went over and fished by the island but the bugs were bad, so we headed back over to the west side and found a pod of fish in 125 fow. I finish with 4 Lakers and wife got 1. No signs of Cisco in the areas we were looking also. There were also dozens of dead alewives on the surface in the scum lines off both banks on west bay. View attachment 831795
Great report. Especially the dead alewifes. Thanks!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Went out on west bay and got a few more lakers early this morning, we even doubled up together. 110-120 fow chartreuse and white jig and paddle tail again got the bites. Marked fish all morning but they shut off and wouldn't bite after about 930. Put all sorts of stuff down there, even grabbed a fresh dead alewife and put that on a jig with a stinger and dropped that down to no avail.
Jeans Smile Sky Sunglasses Fisherman
Water Cloud Sky Sunglasses Outdoor recreation

Water Fin Fish Marine biology Seafood

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
[QUOTE
Went out on west bay and got a few more lakers early this morning, we even doubled up together. 110-120 fow chartreuse and white jig and paddle tail again got the bites. Marked fish all morning but they shut off and wouldn't bite after about 930. Put all sorts of stuff down there, even grabbed a fresh dead alewife and put that on a jig with a stinger and dropped that down to no avail. View attachment 831902 View attachment 831903
View attachment 831904
nice!!

381 - 400 of 445 Posts