Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
341 - 360 of 445 Posts

·
Registered
6,634 Posts
Glad ya found some fish John. Was there alot of folks out? Kinda surprised no else posted up yet??

I was multi-tasking today so no fishing in the cards. Trying to get two deer blinds built and put in place. Hope to get this one finished and down to the cabin this week. Also got a new meat slicer I wanted to play with so I had some pork in the smoker.

Sky Tree Shade Wood House

Food Ingredient Recipe Pork Beef

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Is there a preferred side to fish? East or West bay? Why?
I have jigged for lakers one time in the East bay, but now nothing about the West.
They’re both good. More ciscos in East, in my opinion, both have great laker fishing & ok salmon fishing in the fall. Steel here & there & both nearly void of perch.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
I was going to fish Atlantics this morning, but that wind had me second-guessing myself. So I hit one of my favorite bluegill lakes between here and there and the water is so damn cold there ain’t even a lily pad trying to come up yet. No beds made nothing. The largemouth were hungry as usual but no gills. Crazy how cold our water still is! Also picked up a hitchhiker on my neck!
Brown Arthropod Insect Terrestrial animal Beige
Water Sky Cloud Plant Tree
Water Plant Sky Cloud Plant community
Twig Wood Plant Grass Wire fencing

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
I was going to fish Atlantics this morning, but that wind had me second-guessing myself. So I hit one of my favorite bluegill lakes between here and there and the water is so damn cold there ain’t even a lily pad trying to come up yet. No beds made nothing. The largemouth were hungry as usual but no gills. Crazy how cold our water still is! Also picked up a hitchhiker on my neck! View attachment 831168 View attachment 831169 View attachment 831170 View attachment 831171
Tons of those little suckers around this year already.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I was going to fish Atlantics this morning, but that wind had me second-guessing myself. So I hit one of my favorite bluegill lakes between here and there and the water is so damn cold there ain’t even a lily pad trying to come up yet. No beds made nothing. The largemouth were hungry as usual but no gills. Crazy how cold our water still is! Also picked up a hitchhiker on my neck! View attachment 831168 View attachment 831169 View attachment 831170 View attachment 831171
The winds been tough lately, I made the mistake of trying for gills at a lake and between water temps and wind, nothing was happening. And i agree the damn ticks are bad again. Very annoying, but more reason to stay in a boat in the middle of a lake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
443 Posts
Nothing major to report, got one. We launched out of Bowers harbor. Worked the north side of the island and up to Lee point and back. 150-75' Didn't see much trolling but I dropped waypoints every time I saw fish and went back and worked them after we were bored trolling. Probably dropped down on 20 25 different fish and couldn't get them to go. Tried varying up my cadence as much as I could and 6-7 different lures

Old man and I are going back out tomorrow he said he knows of some 110-ft hole surrounded by 90 ft of water that he's had success trolling before.

There was absolutely no wind out there. Water temp was 36° in most spots and we were in a t-shirt. Found out how warm it was when we got to the ramp.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

341 - 360 of 445 Posts