Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Official Frankfort Thread 2022

221938 Views 1679 Replies 180 Participants Last post by  ThreeDogsDown
HRNNNGGGGGGGGG
Scratched my silver fish itch today at the Grand.
I can't wait to be beating the hell out of KANGS!
Can't come any sooner!
1621 - 1640 of 1680 Posts
could sit relax in harbor beach. trip to homestead an a&w big bear breakfast than beat up some chrome.
There are Steelhead in all the other west-side rivers, right now. ;)
Might be a touch early for the steelhead to be in there but I would not discount it. I would probably spend more time out between the piers until the water temp is dropped below 50.
Reactions: rlbyfd
Went golfing. Had to run up to Charlevoix after her conference in T.C. to pick up the nephew for the weekend and didn't want to drag the boat up around.
Good call. Nasty out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Went golfing. Had to run up to Charlevoix after her conference in T.C. to pick up the nephew for the weekend and didn't want to drag the boat up around.
Rain and 40-50mph winds out of the north Monday/Tuesday :oops: . Wind just wont let up more than 1/2 a day anymore.
Good call. Nasty out there.

Had to cancel my last two charters of the year due to wind. Oh well… time to put her to sleep for the season.
Thanks for all the reports and help this year Stelmon.

No problem threedogs.
Well, I lied. It was way to calm to deer hunt last night so I opted to go fishing one more time. Started in a185 FOw and trolled out to 750 fow where I smashed them Oct 5 without a bump. Turned around and went a little more south. Started to think about just wrapping it up around 150 fow but then I started marking fish down at the bottom. My Swr got hammered so I Pulled the other lines and threw all 3 rods down to 100-125 and started hammering the kings. A Swr with a silver spoon was hot at 105. A silver spin doctor with green dots and geeen flie out 240 took bites. And a slide diver with monkey puke out 175 took bites. Had two doubles🤣. End up six for 8 with 5 kings and one CNR laker. The high lines I had out earlier for steel never took a bite.

Sad to have to put the boat away for the season. Really loved the October fishing.

Fin Food Fish Seafood Ray-finned fish
So the big ones your getting out there deep are like 3 yr olds???
I was showing my wife some pics of the fish you guys been getting out deep this fall. I'm thinking man theres going to be some really big fish next summer and fall.
Congrats on the fishing. And dang is that you in the pic? Years have really flown by!
No problem threedogs.
Well, I lied. It was way to calm to deer hunt last night so I opted to go fishing one more time. Started in a185 FOw and trolled out to 750 fow where I smashed them Oct 5 without a bump. Turned around and went a little more south. Started to think about just wrapping it up around 150 fow but then I started marking fish down at the bottom. My Swr got hammered so I Pulled the other lines and threw all 3 rods down to 100-125 and started hammering the kings. A Swr with a silver spoon was hot at 105. A silver spin doctor with green dots and geeen flie out 240 took bites. And a slide diver with monkey puke out 175 took bites. Had two doubles🤣. End up six for 8 with 5 kings and one CNR laker. The high lines I had out earlier for steel never took a bite.

Sad to have to put the boat away for the season. Really loved the October fishing.
Reactions: ThreeDogsDown
Unreal Stelmon! Great work!

Reactions: stelmon and rlbyfd
No last night was all 1 and 2 year olds. Seems like all the three olds disappeared. Last trip we took a mix bagged of 1s, 2s and 3s.

last time I checked that’s what I looked like. Now that fishing seasons over I need to shave, lol
So the big ones your getting out there deep are like 3 yr olds???
I was showing my wife some pics of the fish you guys been getting out deep this fall. I'm thinking man theres going to be some really big fish next summer and fall.
Congrats on the fishing. And dang is that you in the pic? Years have really flown by!
was out casting in October and was catching mature hens still chrome with tight skeins.
New Public Released Court Order signed 02DEC2022 - When there is a new consent decree, (Thank God for the Soo Tribe holding up the signatures) these 4 new gill net expansions will be in effect and are guaranteed to destroy the trout, perch, bass, cisco and anything that swims fisheries. Bravo to the State of Michigan!

1. New Gill nets from Empire to Glen Arbor to Leland! This is new. Only “less lethal trap nets” were allowed until now. Manitou Islands and Platte Bay are still targets for the Tribes, but that hasn’t been clarified yet. Knowing how effective the state is a protecting the resource, these areas will be fair game as well. At any rate, good bye to zones 813 (Empire, Glen Arbor) and 814 (Leland) to all fish. These will be cleaned out in 90 days.

2. New Gill nets in West Bay from the Elmwood Marina to Suttons Bay up to Peshawbestown! 4500’ per day. That is almost a mile of new gill nets where once there was none in zone 815 (West Bay).

New Gill nets in East Bay from the Center Road Launch up to the tip of the Old Mission Peninsula!4500’ of gill net per day will be allowed because “it is the fairest and most equitable management plan for the great lakes”. Hilarious and unbelievable.

3. New and Improved small mesh gill nets from Norwood to Lake Charlevoix, including Lake Charlevoix and the Round Lake Channel. These are to get all the perch and walleye, and will also take all of the bass, small lake trout and all of the cisco. The State of Michigan did not present any biological persuasion argument.

4. New-Use of Hook-and-Line Gear for Commercial Fishing is now approved in Grand Traverse Bay. Just in case a laker, bass, cisco, or any other fish managed to stay out of the new 2-miles of gill nets, Tribal Commercial fishermen can now use hook-and-line gear for recreation with no limits.

You can thank The State of Michigan negotiating team for destroying the fishery in Lake Michigan:
DNR Director Dan Eichinger (re-assigned to avoid the heat)
DNR Fisheries Chief Jim Dexter (Retiring soon to avoid the heat)
DNR/Tribal Unit Manager Dave Caroffino (promoted in August for great work)
DNR Chief Law Enforcement (recently promoted as well)

The next meeting to is 16 December.

Same **** different day, useless clowns in office can’t protect our resources
No, but they will happily give you a tasty $250 ticket for that extra Carbon Raspberry you have down.

So, another great day…..
Reactions: ThreeDogsDown
Sounds like a great Pure Michigan destination fishery.

Why build the Union Street fish pass on the Boardman River?
Reactions: Quig7557
Wow
Remember when...

Get used to saying that!
Lol everyone’s already tellin me that
Wow
Remember when...

Get used to saying that!
I've been saying that for 15 years already. :(
Wow
Remember when...

Get used to saying that!