Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1601 - 1620 of 1632 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I’ll spice things up tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, I spiced things up alright. 4 footers with whitecaps out of the North. Platte Bay was too rough as well.

Settled into protected Crystal Lake and scraped up a steelhead and a laker.

Wind burned again.

443 Posts
Oh, I spiced things up alright. 4 footers with whitecaps out of the North. Platte Bay was too rough as well.

Settled into protected Crystal Lake and scraped up a steelhead and a laker.

Wind burned again.

Dang, thats a shame...wanted to fish platte surf this weekend. but anything over 1.5ft is too much for me.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
If you know anyone looking for Humminbird Helix 9 Mega or Helix 9 Mega Live-imaging, Ryan at North Country Sportfishing (our regional Minn Kota Service Center in Interlochen), has them in stock now. These units have been on order for 9 months or more, and they have finally arrived...

He also has a good inventory of trolling motors both I pilot and I pilot link.

Give him a call or text (usually better) if you or someone you know is in the market.

Ryan Matuzak (231) 492-2824

·
Registered
537 Posts
Took what was probably the last two big lake trips I'll do Friday night and last night. Too rough to go out in the lake so settled with doing laps inside the bay and pier heads.
Still a stupid amount of kings in the bay and out to the pier heads but they are getting dark. Ended up 1-1 Friday night and 0-0 last night.

Time to go chase some grouse and wait till the silver bullets show up in the rivers.

·
Registered
8,122 Posts
Got out on Lake Mich on Wed. Started off in 600 fow and started hammering the fish right away. Ended up 22 for 27. 8 steelhead and 14 kings. The future looks very bright for salmon fishing.
All lead cores took bite from 2 to 10. Bright spoons
Hope to get out a few more times before the boat gets put away. .

downriggers with a silver hudecent spoon took butes 50 to 65 on riggers.
Slide divers with bright spoons took bites on 3 setting out 75 - 110.
Fish Seafood Grass Ray-finned fish Fish products
Should be thinking about hunting but hard to when the fishing is so good right now

·
Registered
295 Posts
With that west wind forecasted on Thursday it doesn't look good for the big water. Is it any any good fishing in Betsie Lake if a guy was to drag some spoons around? Thanks in advance.
Might be a touch early for the steelhead to be in there but I would not discount it. I would probably spend more time out between the piers until the water temp is dropped below 50.

1601 - 1620 of 1632 Posts