Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Official Frankfort Thread 2022

221716 1679
HRNNNGGGGGGGGG
Scratched my silver fish itch today at the Grand.
I can't wait to be beating the hell out of KANGS!
Can't come any sooner!
1181 - 1200 of 1680 Posts
Ended the morning 3-5. 14lb, 21lb, and 22lb. Mongolian beef and bloody nose took a few hits, wonderbread plug took one, and frog meat rig on a diver took one. 150 copper and 4 color lead was the best. Marked good bait and fish all in the top 25 feet of water. All in all beautiful morning out. Been beating my body up so think I’m gonna take a day or two off but I’ll be back at it this weekend
How deep were you workin?
Ended the morning 3-5. 14lb, 21lb, and 22lb. Mongolian beef and bloody nose took a few hits, wonderbread plug took one, and frog meat rig on a diver took one. 150 copper and 4 color lead was the best. Marked good bait and fish all in the top 25 feet of water. All in all beautiful morning out. Been beating my body up so think I’m gonna take a day or two off but I’ll be back at it this weekend
Reactions: Sea n Red
There should be lake trout around to play with, if nothing else, but believe season ends Oct. 1st
Lol, I’ve had some amazing days in September/ October but them days are way way in the past.
Gotta be 1 or 2 left hanging around 😂
Reactions: Sea n Red
Thanks for blocking the entrance to the overflow parking lot
Sky Plant Plant community Cloud Natural landscape
Man I thought it was busy last Friday. It's like playing bumper boats tonight.
This time of year very early morning is the ticket
Totally understand a hard no, but anyone interested in trying to get a 6 year old fishing freak into his first big lake salmon sometime mid next week? Frankfort is where I caught my first big lake fish as a young boy so it holds a special place in my heart.

He handled the Bay after eyes on a sloooow day without complaint.

I'd pay whatever. Not looking for a charter, rather a fellow ms member.

Shoot me a pm if anyone is interested and we'll see if we can work something out.

Thanks!
Late report from this morning. 2 for 6 running a 3 rod spread. Lost a lure and fish at the net when the swivel broke. Saw something new when I came in this morning, someone was jigging between the pier heads.
Well I just about got ran over. Just because you have a big boat doesn't mean you own the water
I installed a small train horn on my boat. They hear me now!
Well I just about got ran over. Just because you have a big boat doesn't mean you own the water
Lol don’t turn your thread into moronic marine behavior…there’s no end of it…..
Let's just say my two outside boards were bouncing off his hull. He came up my port side, pushed me from 80 to 65 and I stopped moving in.
Lol don’t turn your thread into moronic marine behavior…there’s no end of it…..
Wrist rocket with some marbles sound like a necessity when you go up out of Frankfort!:banghead:
Let's just say my two outside boards were bouncing off his hull. He came up my port side, pushed me from 80 to 65 and I stopped moving in.
Was he fishing? Either way I can not stand disrespectful boaters. There needs to be a way to teach these people a lesson. The train horns sounds like a good option.
Yeah its a charter boat, don't know the name of the boat but one of my riders knows who it is and called him. He backed off once he realized he knew someone on my boat. This guy is known to cause issues
Was he fishing? Either way I can not stand disrespectful boaters. There needs to be a way to teach these people a lesson. The train horns sounds like a good option.
Shorts Vertebrate Sky Tree Grass

Been following this thread for a few years now. Up until the the last 4 days the farthest port I've ever fished has been Ludington... Decided to grab an Airbnb for my son and buddy halfway between Manistee and Frankfort to have choices on ports... Had a great time. Only have an 18' walleye boat so Monday and Tuesday p.m. trips were out for us. Wished we would have brought jigging rods cuz they were cathing them in the channel... Ended 19/31 in four trips out.. thanks to guys like Gabe, John Hine, and ThreeDogs for all your posts on here. Lost some slobs for sure. Biggest was 18#. Some 15-16#...a few coho, a couple nice steel and one laker that got returned to the depths...
Shorts Plant Mammal Tree Fisherman

Art Font Wood Grass Rectangle

Jeans Cloud Sky Trousers Water

Grey Fish Vehicle door Fish products Electric blue

Water Sky Boat Vertebrate Watercraft
Sounds like Manistee fishing the last two days, unbelievable!
That charter sounds like a real douche.
Yeah its a charter boat, don't know the name of the boat but one of my riders knows who it is and called him. He backed off once he realized he knew someone on my boat. This guy is known to cause issues
It’s been a common problem this year
Thanks for blocking the entrance to the overflow parking lot View attachment 848681
1181 - 1200 of 1680 Posts