Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Official Frankfort Thread 2022

221716 1679
HRNNNGGGGGGGGG
Scratched my silver fish itch today at the Grand.
I can't wait to be beating the hell out of KANGS!
Can't come any sooner!
1161 - 1180 of 1680 Posts
Going to give it a go Saturday, so looks like we'll be joining the circus. First timer for Frankfort.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Check “Betsie River Campsite” on River Dr. 2 miles from the launch. Betsie River “Campground” is in Thompsonville near Crystal Mtn. About 1/2 hour away.
Planning on joining the zoo this weekend.... Coming from LSC. Anyone recommend an area to camp at where I can charge my boat batteries?
That picture reminds me of myself…after every fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
View attachment 848392
First salmon jigging. 20#. What fun!
If the temp holds, we were doing very well last weekend working to stay on top of the bank off the green. No boats inside us so we had all the room we wanted to fight fish.

3 & 4 colors were our best - Wire Divers at 75 (two different sizes) and riggers 25 & 30.

We had 41 degrees at 30 then. Looking at the reports it still seams to be close to that today.

The important thing with the Fishhawk last week was not the temp so much with cold water close to surface, but the difference in speed at ball going S vs. N. If you don't have one, really watch your divers and wire on the riggers to get a gage on what is happening sub surface. There was a huge difference last week with the current down by the point. Heading S, there were places our SOG was close to 1.2 but at the ball it was still 2.6 only 30 feet down. That was one of the reasons when we hooked up and slowed down to fight fish we could point S and still keep taking hits. We basically had a 5 banger last time out. Never more than 3 at any one time but as soon as we netted a fish another rod went off. We had 3 on continually for about 40 minutes without ever resetting a line and took all 5, all 15-22#. By then is was well after dark and we just cleaned up an went in.
Will be out tonight and tomorrow morning. Debating on whether to head out to the normal depth or stay shallow up by the piers. It’s days like this where a fish hawk would be great lol
Betsie River campsite (probably full)
Kampvilla 1/2 hr away
Planning on joining the zoo this weekend.... Coming from LSC. Anyone recommend an area to camp at where I can charge my boat batteries?
Reactions: ReelWildFun
0-0 will report as fish come, little bumpy but doable
Just stayed a week at Timberline and that is a very nice place we will be back !!!
0 for 1. 7 color with a blue dolphin. Had it on for 15 minutes before it threw the hook. Uggh

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
1-2 had a double. 10 lb coho on green meat rig with a Kevin’s girlfriend spin doctor and nice king on a 3 color with a double orange crush rv mag spoon
1-2, 4 color greasy chicken.
Grey Fish Hood Seafood Composite material

2 for 3. Last fish came on the same 4 color and greasy chicken. First fish was 36” second 39”. Wow!

1-2, 4 color greasy chicken. View attachment 848544

Awesome reports everyone and thank you. Will be coming up Sunday for 5 days of fishing...
Reactions: Sea n Red
Ended 2-7 last night, couldn’t keep ‘em buttoned up. The high cold water had them feeling very mean. Most fish came on divers, 150 copper, and 3 color. Divers back 75. Bloody nose took a couple, double orange crush took a couple and Mongolian beef took a couple. Just got 3 hours of sleep and I’m back at it this morning.
Was it you that said hi to me at the fish board?
Ended 2-7 last night, couldn’t keep ‘em buttoned up. The high cold water had them feeling very mean. Most fish came on divers, 150 copper, and 3 color. Divers back 75. Bloody nose took a couple, double orange crush took a couple and Mongolian beef took a couple. Just got 3 hours of sleep and I’m back at it this morning.
Yes sir, very nice to meet you! 1-1 so far, 20 lber 35 down on a rigger with a Mongolian beef magnum
Was it you that said hi to me at the fish board?
Nice meeting you as well!
Yes sir, very nice to meet you! 1-1 so far, 20 lber 35 down on a rigger with a Mongolian beef magnum
Great reports fellas 🍻
I have a question and looking for little info/help/tips
Long story short I’m wanting to get out a few times in September, I have a few weekends booked at timberline campground. Not looking to fill the freezer just hoping 1 or 2 for the grill would be great and add another line or 2 . I have all the gear just no riggers mounted on my boat.
Has anyone used Jet divers, maybe 40/50 size off the back of the boat?
I have all the other stuff to put out a spread just kinda wonder if these would be worth trying or more of a big mess at the back of the boat.
I’ve used the 20s for eyes with good results but have also seen how they can get into other lines pretty quick.
Any info or feed back would be great
Thanks 🍻
All of what you have will work. The issue is gonna be if there's any fish left that time of year.
Great reports fellas 🍻
I have a question and looking for little info/help/tips
Long story short I’m wanting to get out a few times in September, I have a few weekends booked at timberline campground. Not looking to fill the freezer just hoping 1 or 2 for the grill would be great and add another line or 2 . I have all the gear just no riggers mounted on my boat.
Has anyone used Jet divers, maybe 40/50 size off the back of the boat?
I have all the other stuff to put out a spread just kinda wonder if these would be worth trying or more of a big mess at the back of the boat.
I’ve used the 20s for eyes with good results but have also seen how they can get into other lines pretty quick.
Any info or feed back would be great
Thanks 🍻
Lol, I’ve had some amazing days in September/ October but them days are way way in the past.
Gotta be 1 or 2 left hanging around 😂
Reactions: Sea n Red
I’m not making the trip to fish
We’ve had these days booked I’m just sick of not bringing my boat, It’s killing me inside
1161 - 1180 of 1680 Posts