Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1061 - 1080 of 1609 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
What a night. Didn’t need to stay late. The flurry came from 750 to 930. It was a flurry I haven’t experienced. A triple (landed), then a double (landed), then 2 more right after…and then we had 2 break off and 2 come unbuttoned. It was mayhem. We started with a 10-line spread and ended with zero lines in the water. They all fired.

We stayed on the 90’ contour the whole night, right out in front because all the boats were either way out deep, up north or down south.

Magnum glow spoons and 5” green ladder back J-plugs glowed up were the ticket.

Had 2 bites after dark, then nothing. Pulled lines at 1040.

30-40’ down was the ticket. Water dropped below 50° 30’ down.

Downrigger got one rip and it came unbuttoned, otherwise the 4,5,7, and 10c were hot and high and low divers as well. We figured 7 for 11 hits.

It was a great night under that huge moon.

Still on the hunt for a monster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
35 Posts
What a night. Didn’t need to stay late. The flurry came from 750 to 930. It was a flurry I haven’t experienced. A triple (landed), then a double (landed), then 2 more right after…and then we had 2 break off and 2 come unbuttoned. It was mayhem. We started with a 10-line spread and ended with zero lines in the water. They all fired.

We stayed on the 90’ contour the whole night, right out in front because all the boats were either way out deep, up north or down south.

Downrigger got one rip and it came unbuttoned, otherwise the 4,5,7, and 10c were hot and high and low divers as well. We figured 7 for 11 hits.

[/QUOTE]
Great job!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Made it out this morning in the miserable weather
From 5-8
Went 2-3
One king on a all glow silver horde plug off a 7 color
One king off a meat rig off a mag braid dipsey back 120
Lost one absolute screamer on the same dipsey
100-150fow
View attachment 847804
Hard core👍🏻

·
Registered
336 Posts

[/QUOTE]
Great night for you and your crew! Nothing like a fire drill

·
Registered
304 Posts
What are everyone’s thoughts on Sunday morning weather? I don’t mind the rain, but I can’t find a consistent wind direction. I’m hooked up and planning to be there early, just wondering what everyone else is thinking.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
What are everyone’s thoughts on Sunday morning weather? I don’t mind the rain, but I can’t find a consistent wind direction. I’m hooked up and planning to be there early, just wondering what everyone else is thinking.
Check the buoy in the morning before you go. Buoy tells all lol

1061 - 1080 of 1609 Posts