Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Official Frankfort Thread 2022

221914 Views 1679 Replies 180 Participants Last post by  ThreeDogsDown
HRNNNGGGGGGGGG
Scratched my silver fish itch today at the Grand.
I can't wait to be beating the hell out of KANGS!
Can't come any sooner!
1001 - 1020 of 1680 Posts
Spent most of the day yesterday trolling Platte Bay. No action. Thought there would be a sea fish up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
You can use anything off those setups, and they will all work at different times, but i really like running plugs off them in August.
Got two new set ups this year what’s your go to with a 300 copper and a 300 weighted steel set up spoons meat or jays?
150 fow. No real pattern except everything came on a south troll
[/QUOTE]
North troll: no bags, throttle up,
South troll went from 2.5 to 3.3 at probe, throttle to idle and out bags out to get 2.5.

Big difference between surface and down speed.
Decided to sleep in and go trout fishing. Perks of living in northern MI; we always have a backup plan if the big lake is too rough. Between my brother and I we landed 23 brookies, 3 browns, and a rainbow

Water Plant Smile Shoe Vertebrate
Vertebrate Fish Water Fishing Ray-finned fish

Vertebrate Fish Salmon-like fish Ray-finned fish Fishing
Anyone planning on hitting it this evening?

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
I’m putting the big red & white boat in mothball mode for the year! We’re moving south to Auburn next week & it’s gonna be a busy fall so I’m puttin her up for the year. I’ll be finishing out the year on a 17’ Mako center console, moved the fish hawk over today & the kicker motor is movin on tomorrow! Workin on a trolling motor. Hopin to get out there next week!
Auburn between bay city and midland?

I’m putting the big red & white boat in mothball mode for the year! We’re moving south to Auburn next week & it’s gonna be a busy fall so I’m puttin her up for the year. I’ll be finishing out the year on a 17’ Mako center console, moved the fish hawk over today & the kicker motor is movin on tomorrow! Workin on a trolling motor. Hopin to get out there next week!
Yes sir! Little further drive to frankfort but the lighter boat evens it up.
Auburn between bay city and midland?

20 minutes to the dnr launch or Linwood. An hour to tawas......great place to land John. Good luck with the new rig.
We will be in touch lots of good fishing here maybe we can get you and Ralph on the same boat this fall!

Oh ya, I’ve fished with Ralph & Joe too! We had a blast! Ice fished with Dean & crawfish boil with a handful of good folks too! I’m lookin forward to it!
Water Boat Sky Watercraft Shorts

East Grand Traverse bay last year.
We will be in touch lots of good fishing here maybe we can get you and Ralph on the same boat this fall!

There all good people the sunset tournament is a blast!

Oh ya, I’ve fished with Ralph & Joe too! We had a blast! Ice fished with Dean & crawfish boil with a handful of good folks too! I’m lookin forward to it! View attachment 847479
Good Lawd not Ralphs feet too!
Oh ya, I’ve fished with Ralph & Joe too! We had a blast! Ice fished with Dean & crawfish boil with a handful of good folks too! I’m lookin forward to it! View attachment 847479
Hey John, I live in the midland area, and went to school in Auburn. If you ever need a rider for Frankfort, give me a shout and we can work something out if ya want.
Just in time for fall fishing on the bay!
Did you run a spin doctor in front of jays or just the plug?
You can use anything off those setups, and they will all work at different times, but i really like running plugs off them in August.
Just the plug
Did you run a spin doctor in front of jays or just the plug?
Made it up from NC last night and bounced (literally) out there this morning. We had a rough start in more ways than one. Started at the dock putting the boat in the water when we notice that we had blown a trailer tire somewhere coming from TC. Only the sidewall and rim left. Then we then set the 100 CU into the wire dipsy that had tripped with the wave action in the dark so we struggle just getting the 6 line spread out to start and missed a good portion of low light. Naturally the one fish we took came during this mess.

Ran up to the point and made just one pass back to the saddle in 125-150. 1-2, 5# king on C14 at 90. Other hit was on same set up.

Had a real sharp break at 80 on the counter. It I would be under 50 degrees at 2.0 at the ball; push the speed up to 3.0 and it would be 62 without moving the rigger.

Really cool full moon that set just before dawn, and then nice early color sun rise. Wish it would have been a little smoother to enjoy it more.

Hoping it settles down for this evening's trip.
Your blowback pushes the ball up higher in the water column so naturally it would get warmer.
Made it up from NC last night and bounced (literally) out there this morning. We had a rough start in more ways than one. Started at the dock putting the boat in the water when we notice that we had blown a trailer tire somewhere coming from TC. Only the sidewall and rim left. Then we then set the 100 CU into the wire dipsy that had tripped with the wave action in the dark so we struggle just getting the 6 line spread out to start and missed a good portion of low light. Naturally the one fish we took came during this mess.

Ran up to the point and made just one pass back to the saddle in 125-150. 1-2, 5# king on C14 at 90. Other hit was on same set up.

Had a real sharp break at 80 on the counter. It I would be under 50 degrees at 2.0 at the ball; push the speed up to 3.0 and it would be 62 without moving the rigger.

Really cool full moon that set just before dawn, and then nice early color sun rise. Wish it would have been a little smoother to enjoy it more.

Hoping it settles down for this evening's trip.
Reactions: gman and someone11
1001 - 1020 of 1680 Posts