Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Official Frankfort Thread 2022

221938 Views 1679 Replies 180 Participants Last post by  ThreeDogsDown
HRNNNGGGGGGGGG
Scratched my silver fish itch today at the Grand.
I can't wait to be beating the hell out of KANGS!
Can't come any sooner!
981 - 1000 of 1680 Posts
Tons and tons of boats out there. No excuse though, couldn't get the game plan going. When it's just me and the kid, I only fish 2 rods, as we did tonite. Setting lines and steering with a chop can be challenging, so... Hard to believe that many boats were out in a Tuesday evening!
Typical August calm night lol
Hard to believe that many boats were out in a Tuesday evening!
Just the one big king in the box for us. Dead flat lots of boats. Lost a coho…..tossed back a jack. Boat next to us had a triple on. One jackass just trolled east and west through the pack and had a talking to on the way by. He had to have gotten someone’s lines
Added another high teens king on a white flasher down 75 on a rigger.
Been washing lures the past hour and 15 🤷‍♂️
Just lost the only fish so far, wonderbread plug 100 down on a rigger
One 8lber, one 4lber. Where’s da meat????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ended the night 5/10. Fish were hitting anything, so long as it was blue and down 50-60'. 150-180 fow was best for me. If we got one hit, we got 2 or 3. Get lines reset, turn around, repeat. Only landed 1 over 20, but had a few others on.
Good luck all over the next few days, I'm off to the UP for some much needed brook trout fishing with my dad.
Ended with 3 for 3. Nothing big. No real pattern. Will keep trying.

Same boat as us, 3 for 3. 150 fow. No real pattern except everything came on a south troll 🤷‍♂️

Food Fish Seafood Automotive lighting Fish products
Ended with 3 for 3. Nothing big. No real pattern. Will keep trying.

5-10 tonight. Didn’t have more than 3 lines set until 8:30. Had a double and triple. White flasher/green flies. Blue on blue took one. Divers and riggers ruled the night. Deep out 170, high out 215. Riggers fired at 69-95 down. Lost a diver setup 😡 along with my fish handler. Had 1 over 20, 3 in the mid to upper teens and 1 small one. Beautiful night. Very few boats where I was.
Buoy says 1.46ft already so calling it off this morning 🤬
Reactions: Sea n Red
been more of a morning bite looking at yesterdays reports around the lake
Which buoy do you use someone. Manitou is saying 2.3
Buoy says 1.46ft already so calling it off this morning 🤬
Took a beating in the dark. 0 for 0 at dawn... can only get better.
Reactions: Erik and Sea n Red
Point betsie buoy
Which buoy do you use someone. Manitou is saying 2.3
Thanks. Didn’t know there was a buoy that close.
Reactions: Gone Coastal
Got two new set ups this year what’s your go to with a 300 copper and a 300 weighted steel set up spoons meat or jays?
Very nice. Great night!

5-10 tonight. Didn’t have more than 3 lines set until 8:30. Had a double and triple. White flasher/green flies. Blue on blue took one. Divers and riggers ruled the night. Deep out 170, high out 215. Riggers fired at 69-95 down. Lost a diver setup [emoji35] along with my fish handler. Had 1 over 20, 3 in the mid to upper teens and 1 small one. Beautiful night. Very few boats where I was.
981 - 1000 of 1680 Posts