Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
941 - 960 of 1680 Posts

· Registered
1,622 Posts
I use this Seagull

I called it off. Buoy was saying 2.2ft at 530. Didn't want to chance it.
The seagull info is pretty cool. Thanks. I’m north of Big Rapids and it helps to recon the weather as much as possible. Back in the day , made more trips that got blown out than now.

· Registered
4,405 Posts
Hey not to change the subject but I am coming up friday night and thinking about bringing my boat to fish around the harbor.
I've never tried launching here. Is the launch at 9th street an ok spot to launch a little 16fter?
I'm trying to find a launch thats more just for launching and parking. Not a big marina. I always feel stupid trying to launch my boat in those huge marinas with the big yachts all around me.

· Registered
2,789 Posts
Hey not to change the subject but I am coming up friday night and thinking about bringing my boat to fish around the harbor.
I've never tried launching here. Is the launch at 9th street an ok spot to launch a little 16fter?
I'm trying to find a launch thats more just for launching and parking. Not a big marina. I always feel stupid trying to launch my boat in those huge marinas with the big yachts all around me.
It's basically the only boat launch in frankfort. Kayaks up to 30+ footers launch there.

· Registered
4,405 Posts
It's basically the only boat launch in frankfort. Kayaks up to 30+ footers launch there.
Well sounds like it might be pretty busy then.
Looks like theres another bigger launch right next to it. Read something about a tournament this Sat. Figured that would be the busy one.

Should be an adventure one way or another :)

· Registered
2,789 Posts
Well sounds like it might be pretty busy then.
Looks like theres another bigger launch right next to it. Read something about a tournament this Sat. Figured that would be the busy one.

Should be an adventure one way or another :)
What tournament is it? The Benzie frenzy isn't until the end of august

· Registered
2,789 Posts

This what I read. Have no idea. Just noticed it while searching for a boat launch.
I wouldnt worry too much about that one. My guess is it's a small local tournament that will be mostly marina boats. The one you have to worry about is the Benzie frenzy. That one is huge.

· Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #953 ·
I doubt there's many fish in betsie lake. I talked to the clerk in manistee and he said no one did any good jigging there or off the piers this morning
Ehh just asking
Rained the past couple days
Jigging ought to be my favorite way to catch em

· Registered
518 Posts
Next few days are going to change things. I just got a feeling.
This will be my only trip there till next year, so I'm hoping.
I'm really patient and used to getting skunked so wont hurt my feelings if I'm too soon. But...even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then :)
Font Art Symbol Logo Illustration

· Registered
9,804 Posts
Next few days are going to change things. I just got a feeling.
This will be my only trip there till next year, so I'm hoping.
I'm really patient and used to getting skunked so wont hurt my feelings if I'm too soon. But...even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then :)
Hoping that Thursday and Fridays N NE winds are enough to get some cool water around the piers heads. But everytime I look at the wind forecast the winds are dropping :( Will make the decision Friday afternoon as to weather or not to make the 3+ hour run to cast Friday night.

· Registered
1,717 Posts
Out here now, near the Point. Trolling back to the Lighthouse. Some small white caps, some chop. 71 surface temp at the pierheads, almost 71 near the Point. 42 degrees down 75ft. I'll report later!

941 - 960 of 1680 Posts