Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
921 - 940 of 1632 Posts

·
Registered
8,122 Posts
Fished last night. Looked like it was suppose to calm down but just got worse so we came in after only an hour. Managed 4 bites and one was on a slider that was around 40 ft down. It was a giant and we lost it right as I was going to net it. Tried reaching for it but it was to far. Put a 27 pounder in the bucket on sat and it was a little bigger then that😩🥺 Temp was still down at 100. Took bites on a rigger at 80, a giant paddle and chartreuse meat rig at 240 low, the slider bite on a rigger that was down 80 and a laker on the rigger at 80. Back at it tomorrow and everyday til the river fills up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm planning on making a trip this coming weekend, I'm from the east side and have only been out of frankfort once last year. I plan on dropping lines well before daylight. Would anyone be able to tell me if there are any nets out there to worry about?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I'm planning on making a trip this coming weekend, I'm from the east side and have only been out of frankfort once last year. I plan on dropping lines well before daylight. Would anyone be able to tell me if there are any nets out there to worry about?
I've never seen a net out of Frankfort so you should be in the clear.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Labor Day weekend is 3.5 weeks away. Still good fishing to be had out of Frankfort during that time of year?

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
With the NW winds at 5-10 on Sunday how much does that typically kick up the lake off Frankfort? I’ve fished up there a handful of times and still have a hard time figuring out which winds are good and which are not so good.
NW is a bummer wind, but 5-10 is manageable. You could expect 2 footers worst case.

Best thing to so is head north out of the harbor to the light house or slightly past it. Turn south and deploy lines. Good long troll back, thread the needle through the pack or get away from them (your choice).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just lost a really nice steelhead at the boat. Botched net job by my buddy. 60 down on a rigger with a blue tux
It’s always a risk to pick up the net. The net guy can never be the hero. He can only be the loser. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

921 - 940 of 1632 Posts