Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
861 - 880 of 961 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
if you don't mind my ignorance, what is the MCAT? And good luck regardless.
Medical College Admissions Test.... Gabe plans to become a doctor. Not too much luck involved, studying hard and remembering a lot of stuff is the ticket. I've known a few people who've gone through med school and become doctors, it is quite the long training program, requires many years of very hard work which not that many are able and willing to go through.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Medical College Admissions Test.... Gabe plans to become a doctor. Not too much luck involved, studying hard and remembering a lot of stuff is the ticket. I've known a few people who've gone through med school and become doctors, it is quite the long training program, requires many years of very hard work which not that many are able and willing to go through.
Thanks.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Won’t need to go to the hospital if ya get a hook in ya on Gabe’s boat.
Gabe won’t be using that boat much if/when he passes🤣😉. Good luck to you Gabe. However, your fishing time will be set back quite a bit for quite a while. Take a rod wherever you go, and cast the rivers, streams, lakes. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
For Gabe, in his absence, in his home stomping grounds…Team Twisted Dipsy-Summary of today: 7 salmon - 20.5, 19.5, 18.5, 13.5, 9, 8, and 7 lbers.

55° Temp and below started at 80' down. Marked a ton of fish, but the biting fish were in 130-150'. Our first 3 came before 0700 in 117-123'. Then no biters, so we moved deeper.

At dark and until 30 minutes after sunrise, glow spoons worked per usual. The under the bright sky we switched everything to no-glow. Blue Chilly Willy, Orange Incinerator, and blue dolphin no-glow worked great.

Plant Food Sky Grass Fish

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #868 ·
For Gabe, in his absence, in his home stomping grounds…Team Twisted Dipsy-Summary of today: 7 salmon - 20.5, 19.5, 18.5, 13.5, 9, 8, and 7 lbers.

55° Temp and below started at 80' down. Marked a ton of fish, but the biting fish were in 130-150'. Our first 3 came before 0700 in 117-123'. Then no biters, so we moved deeper.

At dark and until 30 minutes after sunrise, glow spoons worked per usual. The under the bright sky we switched everything to no-glow. Blue Chilly Willy, Orange Incinerator, and blue dolphin no-glow worked great.

View attachment 846605

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
Hell yeah man!!!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
As always... my rider is running 45 minutes late. I wish I had another person meeting me so I could leave him.
This **** is exactly why I sold my big boat. Like clockwork my partner would ALWAYS be late. Very few things annoy me more than owning a boat and ready to fish but sitting in the lot waiting to launch because of waiting on someone else.

·
Registered
304 Posts
This **** is exactly why I sold my big boat. Like clockwork my partner would ALWAYS be late. Very few things annoy me more than owning a boat and ready to fish but sitting in the lot waiting to launch because of waiting on someone else.
This is why I often fish solo. I will not wait!

Decades of me leaving the dock on time thinned out a lot fishing buddies. One of the few I have left, once rolled into my marina just in time one 4am. He had locked himself out of the truck at a gas station on the way. Rather than wait for a cop w a slim jim he smashed a window w a rock so he wouldn't miss the boat - he knew I was leaving w or w out him. I appreciate that level of commitment in a fishin buddy. BTW, the small rear cab glass on a Ford Ranger cost more than the bigger door or rear glass.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Rather than wait for a cop w a slim jim he smashed a window w a rock so he wouldn't miss the boat - he knew I was leaving w or w out him. I appreciate that level of commitment in a fishin buddy.
This is the only kind of person to wait for. You know you can count on him hell or high water.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
This is why I often fish solo. I will not wait!

Decades of me leaving the dock on time thinned out a lot fishing buddies. One of the few I have left, once rolled into my marina just in time one 4am. He had locked himself out of the truck at a gas station on the way. Rather than wait for a cop w a slim jim he smashed a window w a rock so he wouldn't miss the boat - he knew I was leaving w or w out him. I appreciate that level of commitment in a fishin buddy. BTW, the small rear cab glass on a Ford Ranger cost more than the bigger door or rear glass.
That’s where I’m at too. Sold my big boat and bought a small boat so I can fish solo if need be and not feel bad about only fishing 3 rods. Burning 20 gallons fishing three rods was painful when gas was $2.25 a gallon I would be furious with the current prices 😆

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
You just need to tell these people to be there at 4am when you are gonna be there at 4:30.
Problem with my situation was my partners didn’t know how to only have a few beers the night before and would kill a 30 pack. It wasn’t a matter of being a little late, it was a matter of being hours late.

861 - 880 of 961 Posts