Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
841 - 860 of 1632 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #841 ·
Good answers. I’ll be out of Arcadia in the morning. Will report.

I added a few short cores to the boat. I hope you googans are right. Shallow thermocline is gentleman type fishing. More suited to my nature.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
Welcome to my stomping grounds ;)
I’ll be out Sunday morning
I’m taking the MCAT tmwr tho, pray for my ass 😭😭

·
Registered
889 Posts
need to start praying these northeast and north blows for three days next week stays true, would bring some good fishin around here
I have always liked some south to the wind, especially in August as it keeps the thermocline deep, and the fish from running the river early. All it takes in August is some cold water, and boom! , a bunch of kings vacate the lake, and the baitfish are all spread out making fishing for anything difficult, and I’ve also found that the fish are easier to catch when they’re deep, and are more willing to bite throughout the day as the sunlight doesn’t bother them near as much.

·
Registered
939 Posts
You guys ever have any trouble truck camping in the launch for an overnighter? I typically stay at my cabin down the road but due to some construction that is not possible this week so sleeping in the truck is my only option.
Never had a issue. They did start charging an overnight fee.

could alway post up on the Alberta side and be a shore fisherman for the night.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #855 ·
Good luck Gabe! You got this!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
Best of Luck tomorrow and this weekend trolling Gabe 👍
Go get it Gabe...good luck!!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Too late to stress those MCAT’s now. Get a good nights sleep, and eat breakfast. Either you know it or you don’t. It’s best to be the best Gabe tomorrow!
You got that MCAT Gabe! “It’s just air bro!”👍
Thanks for all the support guys, love this community

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
could alway post up on the Alberta side and be a shore fisherman for the night.
Was getting a few hours sleep there at the Elberta "wall" one morning after casting the pier all night. DNR woke me up told me "camping" was not allowed on state property. Told him I wasn't camping, he said I was camping. He stuck to his side of the story for a bit, till I told him I casted all night and was getting some sleep before heading home. He then told me they made the law due to the river guys camping on the good spots of the river for months to lockup a spot. He did make me leave thou. Was funny thou later that day I told the story to a few locals fishing there and he told me, and several others confirmed, that the state does not own that property.

841 - 860 of 1632 Posts