Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
821 - 840 of 1632 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Guys, I want to share this again because a lot of you are posting about losing fish because they come unhooked. I have a special needs daughter that loves to fish, but she has a hard time keeping pressure on them and loses a bunch. It's frustrating!! I had to do something about it. This definitely is not my idea, I read it somewhere on this forum and it has helped us out tremendously. You will not find a treble hook on my boat anymore. I've changed every spoon, plug, fly and meat rig to single hooks. They seem to set better and stay hooked better by far over trebles. The addition of a small barrel swivel on the spoons and plugs helps when they roll. I use 1/0 on super slims, 2/0 on standards and 3/0 on mags. Hope this helps.
Green Natural material Animal product Creative arts Jewellery

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #830 ·
need to start praying these northeast and north blows for three days next week stays true, would bring some good fishin around here

Attachments

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
need to start praying these northeast and north blows for three days next week stays true, would bring some good fishin around here
What app is that?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

Reactions: Sea n Red

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
Why is it that I like the SW winds? It seems like it blows up bait and big fish from down south.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fish will come in so I can get a few off one of the local piers, missed the last good flip when my AC decided to quit working :(

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #838 · (Edited)
Why is it that I like the SW winds? It seems like it blows up bait and big fish from down south.

Gabe, why do you like a North wind?

Fish Automotive lighting Rectangle Font Seafood

Food Seafood Fish Cuisine Fish products

South wind is good to start the season, but when the thermocline is down 100, usually only thing I’m catchin is kings, just last year when we had a thermocline down 30-50 in July I had stupid mixed bags of a bunch of steelhead kings lakers and cohos, and I usually catch a lot more fish when the thermocline is down 30-60 at least in my experience, I like those mixed bags as everything tends to fire, from ur 3 color to your 300 copper, I also just like eating coho and steelhead more then i like kings

·
Registered
8,122 Posts

Gabe, why do you like a North wind?

You can also leave the 400 and 500 copper at home.🤣

821 - 840 of 1632 Posts