Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
801 - 820 of 1632 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
I have lost five fish in a row. Finally broke my streak with this little skipper, some good fish hitting 90 down on the rigger and both mag slide divers. Just can’t keep them pinned. Waves are finally settling down a little bit, lost most of my lunch over the side earlier. There were some big rollers when I first got here.
White Light Hood Motor vehicle Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Looking to take the wife and kids for a day trip to the manitou islands by boat.
19’ boat
Looking for recommendations on where to launch from and which island to visit

thanks for any replies
Really your only options are leland or glen arbor. Leland for north island and Glen arbor for south. Just know it's a bit of a run to get to south.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
New method for success tonight: Magnum spoons and 5” J-plugs were the best producers. High divers, low divers, and 10c (with 3oz snap weight) worked great, right in the 70-90’ down range.

We trolled north (with the wind) and south (against the wind). Didn’t matter. 2.0 at the balls.

Ended 8 in the box for 10 hits. One 10c broke off right at the Willis Knot. Board sunk and screaming real, but it didn’t last long. The other loss was a high slide diver that came unbuttoned.

5” Green ladder back J-plug and Magnum Green Jeans spoon were the big producers.

2 were over 20lbs. 1 was just shy of 20. The rest were 7-10lbs with a 10lb laker kicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
New method for success tonight: Magnum spoons and 5” J-plugs were the best producers. High divers, low divers, and 10c (with 3oz snap weight) worked great, right in the 70-90’ down range.

We trolled north (with the wind) and south (against the wind). Didn’t matter. 2.0 at the balls.

Ended 8 in the box for 10 hits. One 10c broke off right at the Willis Knot. Board sunk and screaming real, but it didn’t last long. The other loss was a high slide diver that came unbuttoned.

5” Green ladder back J-plug and Magnum Green Jeans spoon were the big producers.

2 were over 20lbs. 1 was just shy of 20. The rest were 7-10lbs with a 10lb laker kicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya Baby!!

801 - 820 of 1632 Posts