Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
Still haven’t put in my boat, told me they’d have it in by Wednesday, then they told me they’d have it in today, and they still haven’t put it in :( , super frustrating tbh
Hope you guys beat the hell out of em
Dam, hope they get it in for you tomorrow so you can get out for the afternoon/evening bite. If they don't have it in by noon maybe show up with a cold case beer, it might just move you to the front of the line.

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
It’s not the die off that impresses me. It’s the multi year classes up in the river & around the piers still! They’re not there spawning, why are they there en mass?
You would think there is something in there gorging on them. They are probably in there because the water is so much warmer than the main lake ? Just a guess on my part.

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
late July very near. give me a north east 2-3 days, mid week under the radar, high gas prices and no tournament pier head blast off ill be content for entire season. one mid 20's ill be happy. those flip mornings the fish milling along pier head and pier arm get spooked and seems common courtesy is lacking my fish guy big boat guy u ruin it for us take it easy and wide Berth u literally have worlds largest lake to go fish get the hell out of here
98% of the boaters are fine, its just the 2%. There is always gonna be that guy, cutting the corner up on plane swamping the pier head.

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
Gonna have some monsters this august
Lets hope so, not many mature fish being caught the last month or so. All you hear of is shakers and teeners, rare for anyone getting a fish 20 or bigger. Hopefully that changes in the month or so. One thing is for certain, there is defintely no shortage of alewife for them to eat this year. :D

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
Why is it that I like the SW winds? It seems like it blows up bait and big fish from down south.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fish will come in so I can get a few off one of the local piers, missed the last good flip when my AC decided to quit working :(

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
could alway post up on the Alberta side and be a shore fisherman for the night.
Was getting a few hours sleep there at the Elberta "wall" one morning after casting the pier all night. DNR woke me up told me "camping" was not allowed on state property. Told him I wasn't camping, he said I was camping. He stuck to his side of the story for a bit, till I told him I casted all night and was getting some sleep before heading home. He then told me they made the law due to the river guys camping on the good spots of the river for months to lockup a spot. He did make me leave thou. Was funny thou later that day I told the story to a few locals fishing there and he told me, and several others confirmed, that the state does not own that property.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts